Ambient temperature rise in small cabinets

glasseye

can anybody share with me what temp rises you are experiencing using cfls in small cabinets. my cabinet is 12" x 24" x 36" hi, 5" muffin fan exhausting - abiut 45 cfm, passive intakes, 5 x 26W cfls, and i am experiencing about a 15 - 20 degree f rise in cabinet. have been checking all this out with green pepper plants instead of mj! thank god cause it can roasted them twice. have made one hell of an ez bake oven! just wondering if i am trying to stuff to much light into too small of a place?

correction, increased airflow thru more passive intake vents, temp rise 10 -12 degrees f. think when temps fall in colder months and temps are lower, that the ez bake cabinet is going to work fine. just a newbie here, i'll post pics of cabinet under my name.....;)

matched the intake and exhaust areas the first time around, then added 2/3 more to cool things down. exhaust flow is strong, clones are still in the bubbler, probably find their new home in about a week. have been mostly growing outside most of wy life. and i'm getting old! thanks for your input!

matched the intake and exhaust areas the first time around, then added 2/3 more to cool things down. exhaust flow is strong, clones are still in the bubbler, probably find their new home in about a week. have been mostly growing outside most of wy life. and i'm getting old! thanks for your input!

You're welcome bro.

So, you did manage to get your temps down with the changes you made?

I guess outdoor grows have their own issues to deal with, but different than indoors.

Can't wait to see your grow!

ss

Back
Top Bottom