Are they in flowering already?

BadRobot

Hi everyone,

I am a first time grower. I am growing 4 ladies in my balcony closed with sliding windows so I can adjust the air circulation by sliding the windows as needed. In the region I live sunrise is at 5:45 a.m. and sunset is 8:30 p.m. I planted them at the end of April and my plants are in their 10th week of grow now. They receive direct sunlight from sunrise to noon (12:00) and indirect light until the sunset (14-15 hours in total). Temperature is around 30ºC/86ºF during the day and 22ºC/71ºF at nights. I am not so sure about the strain, my friend who gave me the seeds thinks they are some kind of Skunk.

About 4 weeks ago I started to feed my plants with GHE Flora Series (Gro/Micro/Bloom). I always check PH (between 6-6.5) and I add 1 drop of Hesi Supervit per 4.5 liters (1.2 US Gallon) of water. Drainage of the pots are good enough and I feed/water them every 5-6 days.

I thought my plants were still in the growing stage so I was applying the vegetative formula but now as I see them flowering I doubt it. All of the plants started to make buds and some of the pistils are already brownish. Could any of you experienced growers have a look at the pictures below and let me know which stage my plants are in? Should I keep applying the vegetative formula or should I switch to flowering feeding?

If they are in the flowering phase, then I may have another problem. My balcony is exposed to direct street-lights at nights. I was planning to use black plastic garbage bags to cover my plants to simulate 12 hours dark period. Do you think that works or should I just leave it natural as it is?

Thank you for any answers in advance.

Plant #1 (25 cm / 10 inches) - 10 weeks
Plant_1_a.JPG

Plant_1_b.JPG

Plant #2 (30 cm / 12 inches) - 10 weeks
Plant_2_a.JPG

Plant_2_b.JPG

Plant #3 (30 cm / 12 inches) - 10 weeks
Plant_3_a.JPG

Plant_3_b.JPG

Plant #4 (45 cm / 18 inches) - 10 weeks
Plant_4_a.JPG

Plant_4_b.JPG

They look about 3 weeks into flower to me.

I had a setup like yours a long time ago and I would put a cardboard box over them to get 12/12.

It worked real well for me.

Good luck with them...

They look about 3 weeks into flower to me.

I had a setup like yours a long time ago and I would put a cardboard box over them to get 12/12.

It worked real well for me.

Good luck with them...

Thank you so much for your attention, DukeO.

I should change feeding to blooming formula immediately then.

Cardboard box sounds a lot better than plastic bags. I will try to find one big enough to cover the plants.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom