Are you a vet?

navydoc

If you are a veteran and you use VA medical facilities please be advised. If you give a urine sample for just a routine urinalysis (UA) you can be tested for THC. You will not be advised of this. Your doctor will usually order it up to see if you are compliant.

This usually occurs if you are receiving pain medication from the VA pharmacy. You do not have a right to privacy according to their rules. When you submit a UA they consider it an implied consent. Because the VA hospitals and clinics are Federal entities they fall under federal laws and guidelines. But, they do not have a valid chain of custody and most likely the test is qualitative not quantitative which means it was probably just a dip stick test. Be advised, they will pull your meds but they do not have the right to take away any of your benefits.

You do not have any recourse except to seek treatment else where.

For those of you who need a doctor to sign a prescription for medical marijuana the VA doctors are not allowed to write for pot so don't ask.

It is amazing that a person would fight and die for his/her country and come home and be treated like a piece of crap. They don't want you to have pain medication so when you get sick and tired of the BS you can either drink booze, smoke pot, or order drugs from an online pharmacy.

So much for freedom...

If you are a veteran and you use VA medical facilities please be advised. If you give a urine sample for just a routine urinalysis (UA) you can be tested for THC. You will not be advised of this. Your doctor will usually order it up to see if you are compliant.

This usually occurs if you are receiving pain medication from the VA pharmacy. You do not have a right to privacy according to their rules. When you submit a UA they consider it an implied consent. Because the VA hospitals and clinics are Federal entities they fall under federal laws and guidelines. But, they do not have a valid chain of custody and most likely the test is qualitative not quantitative which means it was probably just a dip stick test. Be advised, they will pull your meds but they do not have the right to take away any of your benefits.

You do not have any recourse except to seek treatment else where.

For those of you who need a doctor to sign a prescription for medical marijuana the VA doctors are not allowed to write for pot so don't ask.

It is amazing that a person would fight and die for his/her country and come home and be treated like a piece of crap. They don't want you to have pain medication so when you get sick and tired of the BS you can either drink booze, smoke pot, or order drugs from an online pharmacy.

So much for freedom...

I find this highly ironic as recent studies prove that medical marijuana is an effective treatment for PTSD victims. My ex is a vietnam vet and I have several close friends who are either the spouse of a PTSD victim or suffer from PTSD themselves (returning from Iraq and Afhganistan). The effects of PTSD are devastating, and it's a shame that the VA is allowing political agenda get in the way of an effective treatment for these guys.

I have read and seen that the VA can no longer refuse pain meds/treatment in states with MMJ Law.

V.A. Eases Rules for Medical Marijuana

I know there are updates to this, it only applies to 14 States, and I think it crimminal to deny care to any veteran for Marijuana usage.

United States Air Force
46470 EOD

I never have and never will use the V.A.

I do not wish to die any sooner than I need to.

:peace:
WillyB

I have a prescription for Marinol (synthetic marijuana) from the VA Outpatient Clinic in Chico, California. The prescription is for nausea. It doesn't work as well as a hit of pot nor is it fast acting, but it is better than nothing. These daily pills (I was taking three 5gm's cost $7 per pill, but through the VA it was costing me only a $7 deductible. When i wanted an increase when it was arbitrarily reduced to two 2.5 mg's per day, the doctor said "Oh, you know it's marijuana" as if the marijuana is a killer weed instead of a health benefit. I'm also struggling with the golf course I belong to which is forbidding me to smoke on the golf course although I have a medical marijuana card and many on the course use pot only for recreational purposes and they are not being persecuted. Oh, those conservative republicans. when will they pony up and be the defenders of individuals instead of the persecutors? I quote from a sci book "I would rather die strong than live week. Let us proceed with a collective strength to win the liberties that we all deserve.

Back
Top Bottom