Autoflower

hihuluihl

I was wondering how autoflower actually works? Do I have to change the bulb, hours of light? Any special care needed?

I would like to try autoflowering strains but first some infos would be great.tryed on google but the results were only buy buy buy:))
:peacetwo:

I am trying an autoflower for the first time this grow, and yes I did change out the lights as well as switch to bloom nutes after 3 weeks of vegging. Light has been on 20 hours a day since planting.

This is week 4 from seed so I should be able to tell sex soon.

let me know how it ends bro.Am very curious. I have 4 weeks left till my plants are ready for harvest. So extra time to read more and get more infos

I grow/bud mine on the veg stands. Organic, soil. Veg nutes til the first signs of buds, when I acratch in some seabird guano and switch to flower nutes with some nitrogen. I can't stand yellow on plants. ;-)all my plants get Super Thrive.

I was wondering how autoflower actually works? Do I have to change the bulb, hours of light? Any special care needed?

Nope. :thumb:

I would like to try autoflowering strains but first some infos would be great.tryed on google but the results were only buy buy buy:))
:peacetwo:

I was skeptical about growing autos mainly because they tend to be smaller yielding plants. After my last SLH grow I realized how much I could produce in a 1'x3' cabinet under the right conditions but those MFers took 10 FREAKING WEEKS to finish flowering. So a smaller plant that goes from seed to harvest in 63 days (Lowryder2) vs. 98 days (Super Lemon Haze) is appealing to me.

Another benefit if you're working with limited space is that they show their sex in about two weeks. The 5 LR2s I germinated on 12/5 were clearly identifiable as 4 female and 1 male on 12/18. Less optimal conditions may delay sexing- I'm growing in FFOF with a 20/4cycle under 250w MH. It is freaking amazing to see these 3" bushes with those lovely white pistils in all the right places.

So I'm actually going to keep the male plant- I chose not to go with feminized seeds this time so I could selectively pollinate a couple of female buds. If I like these LR2s it will be nice to avoid the stress of having to mail order seeds again. I still have 5 fem SLH seeds- I may try to cross the LR2 with the SLH to see what happens!

One more benefit to the autos is that you keep the same light cycle throughout the grow. This lets you add new plants into your environment at any point creating a "perpetual harvest" scenario.

Thanx for the update. I guess I will try a autoflower strain, to see how it actually works.

At the moment it is Northern Light.

Back
Top Bottom