Autoflowering plant outside?

llewop211

this may be a dumb question... but would it be possible to grow an autoflowering strain outdoors, at any time of the year?

Not any time of the year, not all strains have cold tolerance, but you can definitly grow autoflowers outside, one member here is planning to do a complete autoflowert grow outside, so it isnt unheard of

I've though about using a stable autoflowering hybrid in an overgrow type situation outdoors.

If you've got a plant that drops mature seed every 60 odd days,just about anywhere you sow it below 40 degrees north you're going to get three crops a year. A plant that matures fast like that could overrun the region in a couple of summers.

I'd look for a non-Ruderalis based autoflowering strain. Less chance of the auto-flowering gene taking it back to it's low THC Rudy ancestry.

The THC BOMB(available from marijuanaseeds.nl) appears to be auto flowering. I did not know this when i purchased them, but we here in Oz are in the middle of summer. My first plant(growing outdoors) is about a week from harvest. The other plants(Afghan x Mazar) haven't even started to bud yet. Good luck dude!!!

I'd look for a non-Ruderalis based autoflowering strain. Less chance of the auto-flowering gene taking it back to it's low THC Rudy ancestry.[/QUOTE]

Don't think your going to find an auto-flowering strain without Ruderalis in it. It's what makes them auto-flower.

autos do not like to be transplanted., best time depends on your climate, and your room situation. pop the seed and put it into the size container your going to use. you can move it outside after frost danger is past. i've done all my autos outside. works great. i germinate the seed and get it in the pot 2 weeks before the last frost date. move out when your local weather allows if you start them in air pots you can just leave out in the day for a couple of days to harden off and bring in at night. use 3 to 5 gallon air pots larger is better. after you have them out you can start a new crop in the ground or more pots if you prefer

i tried this method and the autos went back into veg and are almost 5 and half months old, and over 7 feet tall.. wtf did i do wrong? other then buy KC brains seeds? i figured id try a handful of autos inside starting in early january.. then put them in a geothermal heated greenhouse in feb.. they showed sex and then went back to veg and are still going .. i have limited garden space for my outdoor crop and can't decide if i should cut them down and put 3 others in their place, or just let them go with the rest and see what happens.. has anyone ever had this problem?

slimbo 85 id love to see some pictures of those. 7 ft autos now thats new to me lol. id let them grow theyll eventually flower and you dont want that to be wasted time.

Back
Top Bottom