BC: Pot Shop Owner Says He Will Sell Marijuana Without Prescriptions

Katelyn Baker

Dana Larsen says his dispensaries' two locations will sell marijuana to anyone, even if they don't have a medical prescription.

The well-known marijuana campaigner, and director of the Vancouver Dispensary Society, says with legalization on the way, it's time to move forward.

"I think it's the right time," said Larsen. "I see us selling medical marijuana as a non-prescription drug, similar to aspirin and things like that."

The two locations of The Medical Cannabis Dispensary, one located at East Hastings Street and another on Thurlow and Davie streets, will be checking the Identity of every customer and not selling to minors.

City crackdown

The federal government has announced it will introduce legislation for legalization next spring.

But that hasn't stopped the City of Vancouver from attempting its own measures to control the sale of marijuana.

It's created a set of bylaws for marijuana-related businesses. So far, only two businesses have received a license.

After months of contention between the city and approximately 140 unlicensed dispensaries, dozens of fines have been issued.

Both of Larsen's two locations remain unlicensed and are receiving tickets on an ongoing basis for remaining open, in contravention to the city's rules.

He says he doesn't plan to give in.

"I think legalization should not mean raids and shutdowns. It should mean an acceptance of what's already happening."

The Vancouver Police Department say marijuana remains illegal, but enforcement is a low priority for them.

credOverGrow-Canada.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Pot Shop Owner Says He Will Sell Marijuana Without Prescriptions
Author: Staff
Photo Credit: OverGrow Canada

Back
Top Bottom