Benefits Of Hemp

Encouraged by the response to my letter 'Consider hemp', I'd like to expound on the financial aspects of repealing hemp prohibition.

Hemp is the most prolific and diversely useful plant on the planet, having been used for thousands of products, including food.

We are the only industrialized nation that prohibits hemp production, solely for the profits of the cotton, synthetic fiber and petro-chemical cartel.

One female hemp plant can produce 1,000 seeds per growth cycle. An acre would produce 2,000 Christmas tree size plants — more than 2 million seeds.

After the seeds are harvested for valuable food products, the 2 to 3 tons of stalk could be efficiently refined into bio-fuel or building materials.

Combining a plant/sales tax for hemp production, America could grow its way out of the recession.

I estimate about $200 of new tax revenue an acre, while producing more than a million new jobs.

I believe that repealing hemp production is the most patriotic and intelligent proposal for America.

During World War II, the 1937 hemp production law was immediately amended to allow domestic production. Together, we can do so again.

Please join the fight, educate and write our political representatives. That is why we elected them.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Northwest Herald
Author: Gary Christ
Copyright: 2008 Northwest Herald

Back
Top Bottom