Black treacle?

Hi
I am on a smartphone so sorry for copy paste for the answer. But this is my 2 cents.
There are two types of molasses: Sulphured and unsulphured. Choosing the right type can actually be quite confusing, as both types do contain some sulphur – a nutrient required by your cannabis. The major distinction is that sulphured molasses actually contains SULPUER DIOXIDE, which acts as a preservative and anti-microbial substance. What this means is that sulphured molasses will actually kill the microbes you are trying to feed. Unsulphured molasses only contains sulphur, not sulphur dioxide – so it will feed your cannabis without killing the beneficial microbes in the soil. So make sure you get unsulphured, organic molasses.

Angry Bird I'm with her on that.

Also going to add my .02 in here. Molasses is used by gardeners to feed microbes when making a compost tea. We don't use it as a "fertilizer".

A very little molasses goes a long way. I would use maybe 1-2 tbs in a 5 gallon bucket of filtered water and a cup of EWC and 1/2 cup of say kelp meal. Stir that together and let it sit stirring occasionally or even better get a nice size air pump and an air stone or a microbulator of some sort and aerate for 24-36 (max) hours.

Water that in and can even foiler on as well.

AS Angry Bird mentioned we wanna feed the microbes. Too much molasses can actually feed the wrong type of microbes and then we get into trouble. Follow your nose in that regard. If it smells bad that's a sign its over done and bad microbes have taken over.

What you wanna do is grow microbes in a bucket and add the microbes to your container of soil. They all get along. What you shouldn't do is add molasses to your soil. It's not going to hurt, per se but its likely not going to do anything either.

Adding molasses to an ACT gives the microbes energy to reproduce. They do that very quickly. In soil adding in a food source for microbes you risk feeding the bad microbes. They are there just out numbered by the good microbes. Why we wanna grow them and then put them in the soil... think of it as inoculating the soil with a herd of good microbes. You're going to get a better outcome this way.

A good thing would be to add malted barley ground to a powder to your soil if that's how you want to do it.

Back
Top Bottom