Blueberry: Pheno Hunting The World's Best Featuring DJ Short, Dutch Passion, Sagarmatha & Barney's Farm

the stretch is stretching and these gals are getting talllllll. also i suck at identifying pre flowers so here is the real total of plants for the next run:

1 g13 skunk male to pollenate them all
2 g13 skunk females
3 og kush females
2 mk ultra females
2 sagarmatha blueberry bud females
2 djs blueberry f5 females
3 dutch passion females
1 blueberry OG
1 SSHOG

i intend to create the following strains

g13skunk x og kush/mkultra (winning pheno) - OG13
g13skunk x blueberry(winning pheno) - Watergate

excited to try some breeding.

IMG_1656.JPG
IMG_1655.JPG
IMG_1654.JPG

Very very nice! I might be more excited for yours than mine!
haha thanks. i feel the same about yours! one thing ive noticed is the blueberrys just dont want to clone. everything else has roots for days now but after 24 days still not a root in sight on any of the blueberries. theyre not wilted or anything but just not doing the roots thang. at least the seeds will preserve some of the genetics!

I managed to get my 3 males to clone fairly well. I use rapid rooter plugs and a dome at 24 hrs of indirect light. I have a purple stain on my carpet which renders me never using cloning gel again. I haven’t found any drop off in success or time without it. I hope my females clone ok because I’m going to run mine 12/12 from seed and take clones after they just start to stretch. I guess it’s a “suicide squeeze attempt”. I did notice they take forever to show sex. I have no intentions of spending another 8 weeks hoping for the best. I have a male next to a window (and if nothing else), dust a couple branches for seeds. I really want to get 4 or 5 females to look at from DJs parent stock. I’m 3 males, 2 no sprouts, and a seedling RIP from getting upside down in a plug so far. Currently 3 seedlings (1 locked up) above ground and that leaves me with 4 beans left!

I did get a 4 pack from 2nd Generation Genetics sold as “Original Blueberry”. I’m guessing JD is spellings dads beans through his bank. That said, I have been able to find nothing to support that hunch.

1st Dutch Passion a few more days from a sample. Good luck!

alright gang here is an update.

decided to get wild and do an open pollenation with the most G13 looking male. i shook him up over the whole garden and there are going to be tons of seeds. im pretty excited.

there is a winning blueberry pheno already it seems - one of the dutch passions smells like shark fruit snacks. there are also 2 very frosty sagarmathas, and one of the DJs looks really nice too. there is also a blueberry OG that smells like fruity funky heaven as well.

I am actually surprised but this turned more into a G13 breeding project than anything else it seems. who knew. i am really excited to run the F2s (i guess) of the G13 Skunk.. I have one pheno that looks very non skunk like. I plan to try to breed some of the skunk out of this line a little bit and get close to the original G13 as possible, whatever the hell that looks like.

-

All of these girls are very pregnant and on day 36 of flower.

BBOG. Some seriously awesome terps here.
IMG_1815.jpg

A G13 pheno where frost covers all of the leaves.
IMG_1806.jpg

A very pregnant DJ Short Blueberry F5. Not the frostiest but she does smell nice.
IMG_1804.jpg

DJ Short Blueberry F5 looks as advertised:
IMG_1803.jpg

Alright gang, here is a near-harvest update for you all.

It looks like im going to have a boat load of seeds. I am pretty excited to see what comes of these seeds, but that will be another journal for another day.

There are some seriously killer blueberry phenos in here. Terpenes and taste are the most important thing i am looking for. effect of the medicine is also important, but for me, flavor is paramount. There is one each of the Dutch Passion, Sagarmatha and DJ Short renditions that I am mothering up to do a full run of as we speak. The Blueberry OG from Barney's Farm is probably the best smelling thing I have ever smelled in all of my life, but its definitely not a straight berry smell.

On that note I would like to take a minute to recognize how truly amazing DJ Shorts genetics and skills are. The other companies put their twist on it, but the Blueberry F5s DJ has out right now are just incredible. They are clearly super stable, look so unique compared to any other plant I have ever seen, and are damn fine quality. I am excited to pop another 18 pack of these and give them a real run this time, but of the 2 females I was left with, theres a keeper. I will try to reveg her after this.

On to the good stuff I suppose!

G13 Skunk by Mr. Nice, pollinated by a male of the same strain. This pheno has hella resin, even on the stems! Very glossy leaves, a true beauty. Can't wait to run her again, but the F2s awaiting me are even more exciting.
IMG_1906.JPG

MK Ultra mutant. Not sure if this is a polyploid or what but its like a siamese twin with no center to any branch.This pheno is straight gasoline/oil smelling. Kind of surprised how much variance there was in this 5 pack. 5 completely different phenos, I wouldnt guess any of them were even related to be honest. I thought it was supposed to be a relatively stable G13xOG hybrid but who knows.
IMG_1898.JPG

next we have my frontrunner pheno of Sagarmatha Blueberry Bud. They definitely have some of the DJ essence in there, but not much. It is markedly different from the Dutch Passion stuff as well. However, it looks friggin ridiculous, and smells nice too. The other 2 phenos are pretty nice, but a little less frosty. Who knows what will happen in the end. This is with no flash.
IMG_1893.jpg

now come some real snacks. pregnant DJ Short Blueberry F5s. I am gonna reveg this one. It is on day 52 and probably has 7-10 days left or so. this thing smells floral, fruity, berries all in one. it is a knockout. i wish the clones had rooted but hopefully she reveges. if not, I have another pack. 11/10 for DJ.
IMG_1886.jpg
IMG_1883.jpg
IMG_1881.jpg

alright guys here is the wrap up post - sorry this journal sucked, life got in the way. but now the fun stuff:

winning male: G13 Skunk #4.. I don't have any flowering photos of him, but I have saved 2 clones. He is short and squat, great structure, insane vigor, with hollow stems and a decent smell profile. hopefully his progeny comes out nice, cant wait to test it out.

G13 Skunk #6 - the winning pheno here embodied many of the "G13" characteristics. she had very dark, almost waxy leaves, with sharp serrated edges. She was short and squat, great structure, hollow stems. Beautiful sweet, citrus and gassy smell with a hint of skunk. surprised to find this much variance in the F1 seeds but I'm glad I did. can't wait to pop some F2s and find some real ass G13 in there.
IMG_2142.JPG

Sagarmatha Bluebuerry Bud #1 - this pheno was the frostiest of the bunch of berries. has a faint gassy smell, definitely heavy on the afghan genes here. I originally selected this one because of resin and structure. Upon the smoke test, it is a creeper. mild euphoric high with a great body stone, but not the most interesting cerebrally. I will run it one more time unpollinated to see it's true potential, but this could be a nice strain to cross into some sativas when I want to up the resin but not overpower the flavor of the sativa.
IMG_2149.JPG

Blueberry OG - this thing is awesome. smell is fruity, citral, and piney as hell. of the 3 BBOGs, this one had all of the great characteristics I was looking for. the smoke is heavy and narcotic, almost instant eyelids shut. feels like you took too many pain pills! could be my favorite medicinal strain I have tried, nothing other than maybe gelato can compare with the nausea relief this strain provides. heavy sativa influence in this pheno too. i did flower on 11/13 so that could be a contributing factor. cant wait to run her sensi!
IMG_2150.JPG

Dutch Passion Blueberry #2 - this one is probably my favorite of the bunch in terms of effects. It has a great sweet, fruity and floral flavor, nice structure, decent frost too. but the effects are pure euphoria. even your eyes smile along with your mouth after smoking her. most likely she will be the winner and what I use to continue pursuing my blueberry dreams. I'll be looking to knock her up with a male once I run my other pack of DJ BBF5/Flo F5. Next run I'm gonna grow a whole sensi bush of her, and I couldn't be more excited.
IMG_2152.JPG

-

I don't feel I got enough of a sample size of DJ's Blueberries to really comment or post anything. I will say that they had the most unique appearance, the most bag appeal and the most potential for finding something really nice.

Sagarmatha stuff seemed to be the most "boring" or afghani influenced strain. Great frost and easy to grow, but not my overall favorite in effects. Yet another example of THC% isnt everything, as this sample is probably the highest % but the least interesting high.

Dutch Passion managed to combine the connoisseur quality of DJ's plants, with a structure and yield that is more acceptable for commercial production. Truly a great combo of yield and quality. Tip of the cap to the boys at DP.

-

Safe to mark this journal as completed, but I will pop by in a few months to share photos of the fully flowering winning phenos as I do a clone run and see who will be left standing!

Back
Top Bottom