Bonsai Girl

SaWeet

This is my first time I have got a plant to flowering without someone killing it. I have never posted before but I kind of felt she earned her posting. This little Bonsai Girl has been grown outdoors from seed. From what I was told that a couple of the indoor hydo's hermed & it was Girl Scout Cookies & Jack Herer that crossed. As you can see, she is a Bonsai. There were two other branches that were broke by the wind on the backside. One of the branches actually rooted & has been growing in a separate pot for 6 weeks now. This little Bonsai has been growing in Miracle Grow Potting Soil. I during her grow I have used Blackstrap, Miracle grow Food, Coffee Grounds, Egg Shells & Lady Bugs to keep the pest control. When I harvest her, I am going to see if I can keep her alive & re-vegetate her but she will need to come indoors for winter. She is very sweet smelling & sticky. I love watching her glisten in the sunlight. You will notice some tip burn in the pictures. I have a protective wind cage around her and sometimes the tips hit the side during high winds, hence the tip burn.
I would love to hear any suggestions anyone has.. :thumb:

2013-10-07_full_GSC-JH_zpsfa80645b.jpg

2013-10-13_size_zpse1c993ca.jpg

GSC-JackHerer10-13_zps6bcd5033.jpg

10-3-13-3_zpsd7aeea89.jpg

2013-10-13_GSC-JH-2_zpsc6d4bf17.jpg

2013-10-13_Bonsai_zps8568a4a6.jpg

Some Flowers Ambering

Ambering_zps40990a6a.jpg

Amber_zpscb89ccb6.jpg

Some are not yet.... Wondering if I can slowly harvest to allow regeneration so not to kill her.

NotAmbered_zps996d9f9a.jpg

Thoughts on Harvesting...

What I think I am going to do is give her another good soak in straight water then on the following day I will will make a cap for the top of the pot at the base of the plant to keep soil in place and flip & suspend her upside down for somewhere in the 24-48 hr mark. I would like it to be nice & cool for a while so probably wait until 12:00-1:00 am. At that time I will remove the larger ripe flowers and return her to her normal growing state. I am going to try and do this until I get her down for a veg state. At that time I will bring her indoors and put her on a 18-24hr cycle.

Any Comments or Suggestions?

Also

Any Comments or suggestions on proper curing?

I am not in a hurry so I would like to hear what would be the best curing options.

Back
Top Bottom