Bud in a cup?

mesrone

Hey everyone. So I'm moving back in with the parents this summer. I talked to them about an idea I had for a SMALL grow (they dont want hps lights or big plants in their house).
Anyway, I saw on pan4's thread his "bud in a cup" and tons of ideas started rushing, then reading boss's 12/12 grow, and reading about keeping night temps cold to keep them small.
Here is my idea.
I would use medium sized rubberware (kinda like tupaware sp?) boxes. 2 boxes, on two different cycles. The boxes in mind are 13" x 15" x 19" at 2.15 ft3. being plastic, they are easy to cut holes in to fix lights, and ventilation, etc.
I wanted to use only red solo cups, and can fit up to 15 cups per box, but would plan for around 10. in a mini/bonsai sea of green.
I would use cfls, using 4-6 20w cfl's a box, which would be 50- 60w ft2. I would use a 10cfm computer fan as an exaust, but am still looking for a small carbon filter. Also as i understand i would need to use a very small ammount of nutes due to root bound plants.
IN my mind this would be an interesting and fun way to do my first grow. easy to control environment, that are easy to move and compact.
I am jsut wondering if anyone could give advice on this idea and if it would work. Reading boss's 12/12 thread about keeping temps cold at night, it will keep them small, so any ideas on how to keep the box colder? or would that not matter with the plants becoming root bound?
not sure if it made any sense, but any ideas would be great!

Hey everyone. So I'm moving back in with the parents this summer. I talked to them about an idea I had for a SMALL grow (they dont want hps lights or big plants in their house).
Anyway, I saw on pan4's thread his "bud in a cup" and tons of ideas started rushing, then reading boss's 12/12 grow, and reading about keeping night temps cold to keep them small.
Here is my idea.
I would use medium sized rubberware (kinda like tupaware sp?) boxes. 2 boxes, on two different cycles. The boxes in mind are 13" x 15" x 19" at 2.15 ft3. being plastic, they are easy to cut holes in to fix lights, and ventilation, etc.
I wanted to use only red solo cups, and can fit up to 15 cups per box, but would plan for around 10. in a mini/bonsai sea of green.
I would use cfls, using 4-6 20w cfl's a box, which would be 50- 60w ft2. I would use a 10cfm computer fan as an exaust, but am still looking for a small carbon filter. Also as i understand i would need to use a very small ammount of nutes due to root bound plants.
IN my mind this would be an interesting and fun way to do my first grow. easy to control environment, that are easy to move and compact.
I am jsut wondering if anyone could give advice on this idea and if it would work. Reading boss's 12/12 thread about keeping temps cold at night, it will keep them small, so any ideas on how to keep the box colder? or would that not matter with the plants becoming root bound?
not sure if it made any sense, but any ideas would be great!

hey!
yes, it could work as long as you limit the root growing. For this you can cut the new growing leaves when the plant get the size you want.
Try a google search for marijuana bonsai, you'll find many techniques and ideas.

good luck!

well is a trick which consist on truncate the growth of the plant, when you do this, the plant don't need bigger roots to hold straight.

Here is an example of a beautiful marijuana bonsai.

halloween_2007_ulf_Cannabis_sativa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom