California State law vs County law confusion regarding cultivation

TheDoctor

So I'm wondering what the potential risks and penalties are in regards to compiling with county cultivation regulations in California. My county is trying to pass a measure that prohibits cultivation on plots of land under a half acre. This hasn't passed yet but it might. I'm curious what is at stake if someone were to hypothetically not comply with such a law. I ran this by an attorney who does not specialize in marijuana and his take is that it is a zoning issue and so it's not a criminal offense. So you could be shut down or fined but not jailed. Is that accurate? County regulations don't trump state law do they?

It's my understanding that every patient is given a base line minimum of 12 immature or 6 mature plants and not to exceed a half pound of dried cannabis. County laws can allow more than that but not less right?

The state sets the minimums, the county can't set a limit below that but they can allow for larger limits.

Some counties can ban outdoor cultivation but they can't outright ban cultivation. Hope that answers your question.

Back
Top Bottom