Canada - Dope Farm Next Door Bad News

Hash

MB - Regardless of your viewpoint on marijuana, you're likely not going to want to live next door to a grow operation, says Winnipeg police Sgt. Danny Smyth.

That's because the indoor dope farms come with several public dangers, including fires and electrical hazards, not to mention the fact that they're usually associated to organized crime.

A residential grow op is also often the target of thieves.

"In 2004, we had over a dozen grows that were discovered as a result of break-ins and/or home invasions," said Smyth, a supervisor in the Winnipeg police drug unit. "What that tells me is that somebody was breaking in to steal the product because they likely couldn't grow it themselves."

On average, Winnipeg firefighters discover an estimated 10-12 grow ops while responding to fires every year, said Capt. Gord Pottinger, of the No. 9 fire station.

Grow-op blazes cause upward of $1 million damage annually, he added.

Then there's the mould problem.

The humidity in a grow op can cause toxic mould build-up in a home, which isn't always obvious.

There have been cases where former grow-op homes, which were plagued by unseen mould, were sold -- unbeknownst to the real estate agent and the homebuyer, police said.

The Insurance Bureau of Canada estimates the average repair bill for a grow-op house, which includes fixing the electrical hook-up, is up to $80,000.

Source: Winnipeg Sun (CN MB)
Copyright: 2005 Canoe Limited Partnership

I dont give a fuck what any government say's about living next door to the dope house. I love crimminals and i love crime so fuck you.

mykeo said:
I dont give a fuck what any government say's about living next door to the dope house. I love crimminals and i love crime so fuck you.

I fucking hate criminals so fuck you! And if your talking about you liking crime because you smoke weed and smoking weed is a crime then O.K., But if you really like criminals and crime because of the meyhem they cause then fuck you buddy.

Back
Top Bottom