Cannabis Sativa (Marijuana) for Fibromyalgia

Julie Gardener

Cannabis Sativa (Marijuana) for Fibromyalgia​

Cannabis Sativa or Medical Marijuana is a drug that may be used to relieve fibromyalgia symptoms. Tell us your experience with Cannabis Sativa / Medical Marijuana for fibromyalgia. Rate this fibromyalgia treatment below.

Treatment Ratings for FMS Symptoms
Fibromyalgia Tender Point Pain Relief 7.62
Myofasical Trigger Point Pain Relief 7.61
More Energy / Mental Clarity 7.06
Better Sleep 9.04
No Side Effects 8.63
Convenience 5.71
Cost/Benefit 9.21

Depression Relief 7.95
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Relief 7.25
Genitourinary Problem Relief 7.12
Skin Problem Relief 6.00
Hyopoglycemia Relief 5.90

Based on 73 rating(s) & review(s).

Page 1

Displaying 1-10 of 73 ratings and reviews.

1 out of 1 people found this review useful.

Marijuana/yoga saved my life 05/28/11
Reviewed by: Boulder, Colorado, USA
I started smoking marijuana after nearly 20 years of sobriety out of complete desperation. I was at the point where narcotics were my only medical hope for pain relief and I knew that those drugs would take me directly down the path to my addiction. I tried marijuana in a controlled situation and felt immediate relief. Immediate. After determinining that a combination of marijuana and daily yoga was giving me my life back, I moved from NY state to Colorado, where marijuana is legal for medical conditions. I have become a strong - and healthy - proponent of this wonderful, natural curative. I still consider myself "sober" but the quality of my life has increased to the point that these have become the very best days of my life. I live on a horse ranch and work with kids in a group home. I walk my German Shepherd for miles every day and enjoy hiking in the gorgeous Rockies. Marijuana is not something to be feared. Oxycodone, Vicodin...those are drugs to be feared and avoided. Blessings to you. You deserve to be healthy and happy and I've come to believe that marijuana was placed on this earth for an important reason... to give us relief from the emotional and physical pain that is a natural part of life. There is no need to suffer the pain of fibromyalgia. Take a leap of faith, of desperation, and try nature's gift.

Treatment Time Frame: 2.5 Years
Treatment Frequency: When Needed

Fibromyalgia Tender Point Pain Relief 9
Myofascial Trigger Point Pain Relief 9
More Energy / Mental Clarity 9
Better Sleep 9
No Side Effects 8
Convenience 6
Cost/Benefit 10

Depression Relief 9
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Relief 8
Genitourinary Problem Relief n/a
Skin Problem Relief n/a
Hypoglycemia Relief n/a

Did this review help you?

I want to help everybody 05/15/11
Reviewed by: Location Not Given
I want to help everybody. I live in Germany and I'm being followed by the best doctors: here is the best formula for treating fybromialgya: - Phisical exercise (you need to reinforce the internal muscles), so I do: Pilates, cycling, walking. The creation of endorphines in your body is good for everything, especially for pain). - Lyrica - 100 mg a day - you don´t need more. This medicament is very good for pain and to combat fear (fear is the biggetst ennemy for someone that is suffering with chronic pain). - Mirtazapin - This is a anti-depressive that will give good quality of sleeping without major side effects. - Acupunture - silver needles - I buy them myself in internet and I do to myself a session every week (You can do it three or four times a week but you must wait for some sessions to see the results. - Try to disctract yourselve from pain and to put it aside as much as possible. - Eat well (not too much hidrocarbo). Try it and after 4 months you will be another person.

Treatment Time Frame: Less Than 1 Week

Fibromyalgia Tender Point Pain Relief 1
Myofascial Trigger Point Pain Relief 1
More Energy / Mental Clarity 1
Better Sleep 1
No Side Effects 10
Convenience 1
Cost/Benefit 1

Depression Relief 1
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Relief 1
Genitourinary Problem Relief 1
Skin Problem Relief n/a
Hypoglycemia Relief n/a

Finally an answer to Fibromyalgia pain! 04/26/11
Reviewed by: California, USA
At age 64 I have just tried my lst cannabis for severe head to toe pain with fibromyalgia. Joints, gelcaps, cookies made me very "whoozy", dizzy, weak, etc. Feelings I just don't like! Finally I tried Apothecary Star, Grape Wreck Elixer, Indica with alcohol and honey. I have just started using this in coffee or hot chocolate and only use 1/3 to 1/2 dropperful and it works wonderfully for pain. After 2 solid years of everyday pain and not knowing if I wanted to live or die, this is really helping me. Thank the Lord!

Treatment Time Frame: 1 Month
Treatment Frequency: 2 Times Per Day

Better Sleep n/a
No Side Effects 10
Convenience 9
Cost/Benefit 10

Depression Relief n/a
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Relief 9
Skin Problem Relief n/a
Hypoglycemia Relief n/a

makes me feel tired 04/04/11
I sleep well and am relaxed but feel worse fybro pain the next day and next few days

Treatment Time Frame: Over 5 Years
Treatment Frequency: 1 Time Per Week

Fibromyalgia Tender Point Pain Relief 1
Myofascial Trigger Point Pain Relief 1
More Energy / Mental Clarity 1
Better Sleep 10
No Side Effects 5
Convenience 10
Cost/Benefit 4

Depression Relief n/a
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Relief 10
Skin Problem Relief n/a
Hypoglycemia Relief 1

The best medicine I've used so far. 02/08/11
Was diagnosed with FMS, and CPS in 2000 and have had (3) knee surgeries along the way. I tried cannabis at a young age but migrated away from it but rediscovered it as a medicine in 1990-91 due to undiagnosed FMS, CPS as at that time FMS and CFS were not even identified. I think I've tried every prescription medication on the market with limited relief but nothing works like Marijuana.Prescription Meds turn toxic over time and make one sicker as I got much sicker off of them and lost my gall bladder along the way and have a bad stomach as well.Marijuana is a god send of sorts cause it helps my symptoms but has cost me as well in the long run due to getting caught growing my own for medicinal use.Politician's need to make this type of medicine available to sick people that need it. Instead some of us are forced to use this remarkable medicine illegally and being forced into a criminal lifestyle due to it's use.I've tried for 11 years to find a doctor that would see me and sign the forms to get legal MMJ but can't find one as my doctor is approaching 70 years of age and appears to be an old fashioned type of doctor.I've cried a million tears over my situation that continues after all these years and I still can't get this medicine legally and I think this is just terrible and at times unbearable. I Hope and pray that every FMS patient finds some relief from this dreaded disease as the symptoms can be more than one can take.

Treatment Time Frame: Over 5 Years

Fibromyalgia Tender Point Pain Relief 10
Myofascial Trigger Point Pain Relief 10
Better Sleep 10
No Side Effects 10
Convenience 2
Cost/Benefit 10

Depression Relief 10
Skin Problem Relief 10
Hypoglycemia Relief n/a

Hash oil & my experience 02/03/11
Hash oil capsules 3 times a day allowed me to be free of all symptoms. Down side is that I can't get much of a head change when I toke...I used to like to smoke "pot" that is why I was open to trying it in my food as a medicine. It was quite a relief eating it in a brownie, but when I made the hash oil capsules and took them 3 times a day I was amazed! I am now finally able to get around and do some things!

Treatment Time Frame: 2.5 Years
Treatment Frequency: Tried it 3 Times

Fibromyalgia Tender Point Pain Relief 10
More Energy / Mental Clarity 10
Better Sleep 10
No Side Effects 8
Convenience 10
Cost/Benefit 10

Depression Relief 10
Skin Problem Relief 10
Hypoglycemia Relief 10

Marijuana does help. 01/07/11
I have found that it does really help. Especially sleep and depression. Helps with energy as well.

Treatment Time Frame: Less Than 1 Week

Fibromyalgia Tender Point Pain Relief 6
Myofascial Trigger Point Pain Relief 5
Better Sleep 10
No Side Effects 6
Convenience 5
Cost/Benefit 10

Depression Relief 10
Skin Problem Relief 2
Hypoglycemia Relief n/a

I was a real skeptic but have been converted. 01/03/11
If you found this your probably wondering if the drug will help you. Well I am a 48 yr old male and started getting sick about 7 years but doctors didn't know what it was. It wasn't until about a year ago that I was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I was put on all kinds of medications including Methadone, Morphine, Norco (Vicodin), Fentanyl, Lyrica, Neurontin, Celexa... in all over 50 different medications. Some things helped but even the strong opiates didn't do the trick and most of the medications had some serious side effects including death! After loosing my 100K a yr job and declaring bankruptcy I was desperate to find something so I could return to a semi-normal life. I should point out that I avoided all drugs and for the most part alcohol all my life. It was simply something I didn't want to like. Then I stumbled upon this page and read EVERY review regarding medical marijuana. I was reluctant to try and very much opposed to smoking anything. First time out I tried nothing more than an edible (fudge). I have since bought a vaporizer and am happy to say that on average I get between a 50% and 80% reduction in pain. Granted I don't care much for the "high" feeling which is loosely similar to a couple glasses of wine but other than that, the only other side effect seems to be bad dry mouth. These I can live with. I've been able to drastically reduce my reliance on Norco (basically strong Vicodin). I am now tapering off Lyrica which caused me to gain 60lbs in just a few months. If your doctors have you on many drugs and they are just not cutting it and you live somewhere that you can try it without the risk of legal prosecution, I have to recommend you give Medical Marijuana a try. Keep in mind this is coming from an anti-drug skeptic so I am not posting this simply to push a political agenda. In short, this really helps. DA

Treatment Time Frame: 2 Months
Treatment Frequency: 3 Times Per Day

More Energy / Mental Clarity 7
Better Sleep 7
No Side Effects 9
Convenience 7
Cost/Benefit 10

Depression Relief 8
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Relief n/a
Skin Problem Relief n/a
Hypoglycemia Relief n/a

Flush the Vicodin. 11/16/10
Used Marijuana to cease using Vicodin out of concern to Opiate addiction.Doctors loved giving more.Marijuanas mild spacey/stoned feeling on onset is the only side effect,wears off quickly.I was never one to smoke it because of social stigma,but drank for years with massive consequences.To the naysayers on this,open your little minds.This has been a godsend to me to function again,I wish I had opened my mind a long time ago.

More Energy / Mental Clarity 7
Better Sleep 10
No Side Effects 8
Convenience 8
Cost/Benefit 10

Depression Relief 9
Skin Problem Relief 9
Hypoglycemia Relief n/a

It really works! 10/27/10
I'm 52 with no small children @ home anymore & I've had fibro for 14 yrs. I've been smoking for about the past month, only at night and I've been really surprised at the outcome, which is Great! Only problem is trying to get it. It's not leagal at all in our state so I worry about getting caught. Seems to me if the other states have legalized medical marijuana, then ALL the states should HaVe to follow suit! haha!

Treatment Frequency: 1 Time Per Day

Fibromyalgia Tender Point Pain Relief 4
Myofascial Trigger Point Pain Relief 4
More Energy / Mental Clarity 8
Better Sleep 9
No Side Effects 9
Convenience 3
Cost/Benefit 10

Depression Relief 4
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Relief n/a