CFL lighting question

MaxT

Hey, everyone. I started a grow indoors from 3 bag seeds and 3 Northern Lights seeds about 8 weeks ago. The odds were against me,though, and had only one NL turn out to be female. The five others were males.
Now, of course, I want to get as much yield out of her as I can. Shes about 4' tall and in her first week of flowering.
My question is should I ad a couple of compact CFL lights midway on her on both sides? Would it be worth it? If so what size light and how many?
Thanks for any help.

Her picture.
nlplant.jpg

Also, I've re-posted this thread in the "Frequently Asked Questions" forum as I am getting more responses there.

I would say that you are ok right now. As she gets bushier then I would add cfls' as side lighting. I would use 2 or 3 40W or higher and have at least one of those in the veg temp.

Thanks,Guido. I added a side lights and posted a picture in the "Frequently Asked Questions" forum. I added (4) 24", 24w, 3000K. Curious as to why you say to add at least one in the veg temp?
If you reply could you check out my thread and picture in the FAQ forum? Thanks again.

Yes i been Ultra Reading now that i found this site..And with my meMoRy lOSs i still remember everything..Use The 5000K-6500K{bluespectrm} cfls duaring the veggie state..Then when you 12-12 to bud it use the 2300k-27000kblub{redspectrem}The Ganja plant responds 2 these 2 colors MOSTLY..The reason the Hids- Mh an Hps work is there so so powerful with the lumes..Easy 2 give 10,000lumes a sqf..Where you need 10-15 cfls in a small area to give those lumes..Which you dont need 10,000 a sqf but its nice..But i seen big 200&300 watt cfls..!

Her picture.
nlplant.jpg

If you don't have that reflector hooked up for air-cooling, remove the lens from it (if you have not already done so).

And why is the light so far from the plant? It looks like you're putting at least as much light around the plant - and onto the walls - as you're putting on the plant itself.

As it looks now, you'd probably do better training that plant so that it is flatter and spreads more since you're lighting the entire space. Remember, any light that makes it to the floor was wasted.

Hey TorturedSoul. Glad you check my thread out. I'm learning the error of my ways. I've always have kept the light 18 to 24" away from the plant in previous grows. My buds from those grows have never been as tight and dense as I'd like them to be. I guess lighting distance has been the problem all along. I've have lowered the light to about 12" now. I also added some side lighting and have done a little LST on her. Thanks to the help I'm getting from this thread and another thread, same subject, in the "Frequently Asked Questions" forum I'm starting to get better at this. Ideas such as taking the lens(heading in to do that after this post) off help a lot.
Please, if you will, check out the above mention thread and also one I just posted in the "Problems, Pests & Disease Control" forum. I can use all the help I can get. Thanks,again.

Back
Top Bottom