Cheap c02

KanjaavGuy

i cant remeber where i read this but i heard that if u mix 2parts baking soda and like 3 part water and freeze it 2 make ice cubes, then place these baking soda ice cubes in a large container filled half way with vinegar, u get slow release c02 from the reaction....
is this true??? will this work??? sure would be a cheap way to produce c02...

-new guy

i have never heard of that way,,but that would be cool if it worked. i know you can make co2 with water sugar and yeast by mixing in a bootle and putting a hole in the lid of the bottle to slow the co2 dispertion.

outcold28 said:
i have never heard of that way,,but that would be cool if it worked. i know you can make co2 with water sugar and yeast by mixing in a bootle and putting a hole in the lid of the bottle to slow the co2 dispertion.
There's a thread on this by me in the general cultivation section. Though, the rate of CO2 dispersal would only be as fast or slow as your fermentation rate which depends on temp, and how much alcohol the yeast has already produced. As far as the baking soda ice cube idea, That would work, but there again, the rate of CO2 released would only be as fast or slow as the rate your ice melts. And, I would think that as the vinigar is diluted by the melting ice, you would get an even slower Co2 out put. Get a tank or go w/fermentation. Thought... could you freeze the vinegar instead?
Vin

Back
Top Bottom