Cheapest possible carbon filter

JustCurious79

What's the cheapest carbon filter that could conceivably work? Tape a filter element to a table fan so that at least some air go thru it? I'm not about to spend 300$ on a filter plus specialized fan when I'm only experimenting with my first grow.

You got time to think about-- won't be needed so much in veg state, when she flowers is when.
Cheapest i would think is if you got ur pelletized carbon & dumped it straight into a P-trap ( a 'J' shaped trap made w/ 4" or 6" or 8" flexible/semi-rigid ducting) connected to ur exhaust fan, which should be above it-- the trap has to be below the fan or you risk dumping/sucking everything thru it. hope this made sense for ya, good luck!

I think the cheapest and still effective would be to not just dump the carbon into a pipe but to put some kind of screen in there. Furnace filters are cheap, you can even find them with carbon.

Take a furnace filter or screen from a screen door and place the carbon over that, then force the air thru it.

I'm looking at making one using a cheap inline 'booster' fan $30.00 and some PVC pipe. You really should force the air thru somehow. The pre-filter can be a simple furnace filter or automotive filter which should be $8.00

If you can get the carbon laid out flat instead of just in a pile that'll help too.

Yea, I googled around a little and found a few seriously cheap fans for even less then 20$. Only thing is they're for cars but I'll have plenty of time to find a 12v transformer. Filter fabric shouldn't be too hard to come by either. Thanks pals.

If you check around you can find a TON of transformers. Most devices use DC, so if you go to a 2nd hand store, you should be able to find a 12v transformer, match up the amps and it should work.

The 'squirrel cage' fans are usually used in the heater box and probably in the 10amp+ range. You can also get the speed switch hooked up to make it fancy :D

Local junk yard will have 100s of them.

In fact an old car heater box would be great, has the vent controls so you can pull air in/out as needed to help control humidity and temp. If they have A/C on the car, you can use the temp sensor to trigger an a/c or heater switch.

This is what I use .... works great.

VenTech Hydroponic 6'' Inline Fan and Carbon Air Filter 6'' Duct Flange Combo Set for Odor Control

1667108791702.png

You can see pictures of it in my grow journal on page one of either journal.

hi

I know where u can get a carbon filter, 6 inch inline fan, and ducting for about 195 bucks

Try this guy: 6" Inch Inline Hydroponic Duct Fan Carbon Filter Blower W/Ducting&Clamp

Back
Top Bottom