Chief Medical Marijuana Backer: Bill's Future in the Legislature Uncertain

Weedpipe

420 Member
Minnesota - Sen. Steve Murphy, DFL-Winona, has been the chief backer of a bill to allow medical marijuana for seriously ill patients, but he's not sure whether there will be a push for it this session. To make matters worse for medical marijuana backers, Murphy is retiring at the end of the session.

"For right now, it looks a little discouraging," Murphy told the Minnesota Daily. "I don't know any high-jumper that's going to get over the bar that [Gov. Tim Pawlenty]'s setting. Adrian Peterson couldn't jump over that thing."

Pawlenty vetoed the medical marijuana bill last session citing law enforcement concerns. Even though the bill would have created the strictest medical marijuana law in the nation, law enforcement wouldn't budge last year.

When asked by the Minnesota Independent whether a constitutional amendment will be a possibility this session, Murphy simply said, "I do not have information at this time regarding the possibility of an amendment regarding medical marijuana in the upcoming session."

While Murphy announced recently that the 2010 session will be his last, medical marijuana advocates told the Minnesota Independent that they will continue to push for it – even if it means putting the issue to a vote of the people.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: Minnesota Independent
Author: Andy Birkey
Copyright: Minnesota Independent
Website:Chief medical marijuana backer: Bill's future in the Legislature uncertain

Gthumb thanx bro. but i was curious bout emitter systems, and controllers. any info woulod b helpful. keep growing bro. I've had probs too. practice makes perfect!!!

Back
Top Bottom