Christmas Tree: First Indoor Grow

I bought one as well but I selected a model that has a 60x minimum power which I think is way too much. To much magnification to keep it focused. I wondered what the optimal power is. I'm gonna to order one like above- Thanks!

Updated pics for you guys. She is swelling each day! I'm going to do some selective removal of some of the larger fan leaves today. Thinking about 2 more weeks. She will be 6 weeks in flower this coming Monday. The buds I that I snipped the top pistols on to help back build are noticeably thicker and there is no larfy section at the base anymore. Hoping to start my next indoor grow right after this is done. I'm hooked but I need seeds!

Attachments

• 20200109_055556.jpg
    20200109_055556.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
  • 20200109_055019.jpg
    20200109_055019.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
Yup, I'd be taking off 3/4 of those leaves. Especially the big ones. Nice looking plants :thumb:

@PaleSun-Removed quite a few fan leaves last night. It is still bushy but the lower bud sites defiently have more light and air flow. I dont want to potentially shock her by removing any more right now. She is filling out by the day.

*I'm due to water her tomorrow (with mollases) do you all think I should give her another watering with nutrients after that or start my flush. I've been using the Fox Farms trip. Soil is Fox farms CoCo-LoCo.

Attachments

• 20200110_045300.jpg
    20200110_045300.jpg
    1,006.2 KB · Views: 143
I highly recommend you read extensively on both "Flushing" and watering with molasses. Come to your own decisions, but I've read from knowledgeable authors is that both practices are of little benefit. Rather than Flushing, back off on fertilizer for the last 3 weeks. Clear water only. Maybe a bit of weak fertilizer part way through. As for molasses, it is not absorbable by the root system. Sooo, what is it actually doing? Anything? Nothing? A little stress for an unfertilized seed producing plant will stimulate flower production.

After harvesting the best tops last summer I left the plants (outside) for another 10 days. The lower buds explode in growth, after having a huge part of the plant cut off above. Then there's more dammit :laugh:

Oh yeah, great pics. Keep trimming

Thanks Palesun. I will do some reading! I trimmed more last night and also put some very loose strings on some of the colas to pull them outwardd to allow more air and light.
20200111_053910.jpg

Those tops are looking nice. How many weeks are they into flowering now?

One of the things I like most about trimming before harvest is it reduces the amount of labour when you actually get to harvest day. Lots of people use razor scissors (sectors) for trimming. I've also found that if you stabilize the crown in your left hand (but dont squash it) then slide a finger from R-hand down the leaf stem deep into the flower, push down, and the whole leaf and its stem will snap off quick and easy. Just my spin...

I'm at 6.5 weeks right now. I thought she was wrapping up late last week, but a whole new set of pistils emerged. Thanks for the tip on removing the leaves from the flower. I was planning on doing a dry trim, I think your method of defoliation will make that possible without worrying about mold since you will only be left with a small amount of leaves.

She is on water only. I thinking about a week to week and a half longer. Checking trichs daily.
20200115_052809.jpg
20200115_052751.jpg

Attachments

• 20200115_052656.jpg
    20200115_052656.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
I suspect about another week. She is on water only. I also an running just the "flower" mode on the Giixer as opposed to both switches on as I did since propagation.
20200119_065718.jpg

Back
Top Bottom