Co2 Generators

SirGrowAlot

I know how important Co2 is in keeping an efficent room. I have seen a few ways to do it. One that caught my eye was mixing water, yeast, and sugar in a jug and poking holes in the lid. It said co2 would constantly leak out of the holes after you shake it. Well i attached a tube to the hole and put the other end in a glass of water and it would only bubble for a few seconds after shaking it. So it seemed to me as if it was only producing co2 shortly after me shaking the container. Was i doing something wrong?
Does anyone know any other more efficent systems?

Thank in advance for your input

The method you are currently using is crude, unreliable and hard to regulate. If you are serious about Co2, than pay a visit to your local grow shop and they can help you with everything you will need. The initial cost will be high (ha ha) but refilling the tanks down the road will be low. The increase in yield will more than justify the extra expense. Or, you could if you haven't already, install an intake/exhaust system. Co2 is present in the atmosphere at a rate of 300-400ppm's, tanks will increase this to 1500-2000ppm's. Bringing fresh air into your grow is a must no matter what method you decide upon. Be sure to measure the cubic ft of the room to determine CFM. The grow shop can help you with this also. The rate of exchange should be within five minutes or less, hope this helps...
Malcolm...:smokin:

How much does a Co2 tank cost? When you say intake/exhaust system do you mean air ducting attached to a HID light? How do you measure the cubic ft in your room?? So you are saying your cfm should be able to clear out your cubic foot in room within 5min?

The tank and regulator should run between two-three hundred initially but afterwards cost will consists of tank re-fills which are less than thirty dollars at most welding shops. As I said earlier, the increase in yield will more than justify the cost. That is of course that all the other necessities of the plants are being met. The grow store where you get the equipment originally may be able to re-fill your tank but most times not. The tanks last a while so don't sweat it. When I say intake/exhaust, I mean two fans attached to duct work. One to bring fresh air into the room and another to take it out. You should also have a wall mount fan to circulate the air in the room and to have a breeze on the plants. CFM stands for cubic feet per minute. Your fans should be able to completely exchange all the air in the room within five minutes or less, the rate of exchange is measured in CFM's. To get the cubic feet of your space, measure length x width x height. Take this measurement to your grow store and they can set you up with the proper size fans, hope this helps...
Malcolm...:smokin:

Where is a good place to initially buy a co2 tank?
What would a vent system that uses co2 look like? I know how a regular one would look that dont use co2. Do you have a pic of one that does run co2?

I know how important Co2 is in keeping an efficent room. I have seen a few ways to do it. One that caught my eye was mixing water, yeast, and sugar in a jug and poking holes in the lid. It said co2 would constantly leak out of the holes after you shake it. Well i attached a tube to the hole and put the other end in a glass of water and it would only bubble for a few seconds after shaking it. So it seemed to me as if it was only producing co2 shortly after me shaking the container. Was i doing something wrong?
Does anyone know any other more efficent systems?

Thank in advance for your input
I used a gallon milk jug,yeast ,sugar and warm water to kick it off. It worked great by shaking the sugar with the yeast. I have since moved on to tanks of Co2 but miss the simplicity of the milk jug, it really works good.
Btw, You have to play with the amounts of sugar you put into the jug. I did not measure it but I used a lot and it kicked off real well. Jim

Back
Top Bottom