Cold temps

blk92mustang

Hey everybody, I have a question about the cold. How cold can plants survive oudoors flowering? I live in the great lakes and its supposed to get pretty cold this weekend, low to high 30's-low 40s they are saying with a chance of a mix. I can maybe put them in a barn, to maybe bring up the temp somewhat while its this cold. The plants need another 2-3 weeks at least to finish up. Whats my choices? Thanks

Resistance to cold is strain-related.
I've had a mild freeze kill plants, then again I've seen pot that was growing in the snow.
Yes, development slows way down but some can survive.
Moisture (mainly water) in the plant freezes below 32F but if the air temp warms up in the daytime to above 32 some stains will survive and continue to develop.
They wouldn't veg very good, but a healthy plant of certain strains that is in the final stage of flowering can handle a few light freezes.
Most of my grows were in the SoCal area where it never freezes, so I can't recommend strains that have a resistance to cold.
Just gotta hope for the best.
There are strains that finish early for those people who live in area's where cold temps come early. Check seed banks.

Back
Top Bottom