Cold weather making crop flower

3jtoday

It has been cold and cloudy for most of the last month in So California. As a consequence our outdoor crop has begun to flower. Any suggestions on how-to turn them back to vegetative state? They are too small for the yield to be substantial.

They are in the ground. It would kill them to dig up and move.

Perhaps it was the partly cloudy skies and unreliable sunlight and not the cold weather.

It's getting warmer so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

06-17-09_009small.jpg

06-17-09_012small.jpg

06-17-09_031small.jpg

06-17-09_097small.jpg

how sativa are you plants? some sativas can flower with around 12 hours of sunlight. crazy though, theres another guy on here from nor cal that has plants that are flowering already as well.
honestly i think its just cuz californians are weird:loopy:

No it's not cause it was cloudy or cold.

Most all cannabis will start to flower at 14 hours daylight.
Those look like they were started outside at least 2 months ago.
When we were at 12 hours daylight.

You sure they aren't a auto-flowering strain?

Just let them go, take cuttings for clones and re-veg those.
If you leave them to re-veg they may hermie on ya'.

On another forum a reason for early flowering has been blamed on 18/6 lights after germination/cloning and then being planted outside with less daylight. Any thoughts on that?

that can b true too, cause when you take your plants outside where the light period is shorter, and the plants has been on a 18/6 light cycle, the short light period outside can trigger your plant into flowering stage.

I've never cloned my plants before. It's not too late? I thought they had to be cloned before they started to flower.

These plants were sprouted on the kitchen window sill and planted outside when they were still sprouts. There was no artificial lighting involved. As far as being autoflowering, I don't know. My old-school uncle gave them to us. We knew they would be good, but that's about it. We have a variety growing.

I've never cloned my plants before. It's not too late? I thought they had to be cloned before they started to flower.

These plants were sprouted on the kitchen window sill and planted outside when they were still sprouts. There was no artificial lighting involved. As far as being autoflowering, I don't know. My old-school uncle gave them to us. We knew they would be good, but that's about it. We have a variety growing.
Read grasshopper...lol
What is a flowering clone?

Re: update

We harvested too late. We're calling it bud-lite or micro-bud depending on the size. We trimmed the over-mature flowers and the plant is growing more flowers. They are much bushier and taller. When is the best time to harvest?

I don't know anything about cloning.

Back
Top Bottom