Combat patch

TheOldGuy

A unit patch is different for every division in the Army. I'm in 4th Infantry Division, so my patch is the one you see on my avatar. All soldiers where a unit patch on their left shoulder, but after being deployed for 30 days, they earn the right to wear it on the right shoulder. This is a combat patch, and I got mine last night.

The thing is, though, that I haven't really seen combat yet. We've been shot at, I almost got hit by a stray round, and a bomb went off about 100m in front of us once, but other that those relatively minor incidents, we haven't seen shit.

That's why I don't think they should call it a combat patch. They should call it a deployment patch or something.

Don't put a combat patch on my shoulder if I haven't been in combat. Just stamp my passport or something.

"Hey Stevens, have you been in combat?"

"Nope, but I have been to Iraq."

Hah, that's more combat that most people will ever see (unless you live in the ghetto).
But, have you ever SHOT AT anyone? Doesn't that count as combat?

yeah some of the Army rules are odd to say the least. Do you have your EIB?
Congrats on you combat patch.....and if you dont see shit and nothing happens to you or any of your friends consider it a blesssing....

yeah even if you haven't seen combat I'm sure you've been closer to it than anyone ever wants to be, and for that I tip my hat.

Back
Top Bottom