Converting Security Lights

Southern Haze

I have a 400W HPS & a 400W MH. In the past I've used the MH for vege and the HPS for flower. I'd like to use them both all the way through.

They are both the large, brown security lights and I would like to convert them to a single lighter and less bulky light. Does anyone know of a how to link or can you give me some pointers?

I haven't been able to grow for 2 years and really want to get back into it the right way.

What a great idea!!! I can't wait until the replies start coming in.
I am sure you have popped the encasing off the front. Is the bulb welded in or can you replace if necessary? I am just wondering if the threading on the connect isn't standard bulb.
.. I am just a noob just trying to think it through :)

It's a standard bulb and you can replace them. I'm trying to find out how to take them apart and put them back together w/o destroying them. I got a really good deal on them and haven't seen them for sale since. They cleared them out and I definitely don't want to chance screwing them up.

Okay, I checked the FAQ that was posted here from OG and found info for one kind of light. It's a bit different than mine. My lights are in a brown metal case and heavy as all get out. They don't have a light sensor. Will everything else be the same? The diagrams aren't on this post, but I found them on another site.

Any other tips are definitely welcome.

IMO What you are attempting to do is a major FIRE HAZARD!!!

That is just unnecessary with all the other lighting techniques which are available...

We are crazy Enuff to put street lamps in our homes but to alter them is dangerous...

Just a thought either way

Best of Luck GL1:peace::peace::peace:

It's not a street lamp. I bought them at a hardware store. They consist of a ballast, igniter, the socket, wires, and the box. What I'm talking about is moving them to another enclosure that is more conducive to this application.

Back
Top Bottom