Couple of newbee questions

woofman

I have 3 Carmeliscious planted 8/1/10, indoor on a 12/12 light schedule.

Watering:

The containers I am using are 12" x 15" deep. I have a meter to measure moisture, ph etc, but the prongs only go down about 3".
In a 15" deep pot, isn't the soil wetter as you go further down?
Wouldn't watering when only dry at the top keep the roots deeper down always wet?

Fert:

I am using Jacks Classic All Purpose 20-20-20 and Jacks Bloom Booster 20-30-20 and am using both at the same time.
Is this too much fert, should I alternate the ferts?

Light:
I have been on the 12/12 light cycle from day 1, just recently read to start them on 16/8 then switch to 12/12 after a month but too late now.
Should I keep them on 12/12 until done or reduce the light at some point.

Thanks.

Hey Ace,

I know you mean well, but I did read thru that link you posted and I learned a lot. Great stuff there.

I did not find a specific answer to those 3 questions, that's why I posted the questions.

Thanks.

OK to answer the first question.. Yes as you go deeper the soil is wet and the roots stay wet for longer so let your plants have like 4 days to dry out cuz marijuana plants like a dry period as well.. depending on your light system the higher the wattage the more heat it will put out drying up the soil more quickly also how hot it is in your grow room all comes into effect.. To answer your second question 12/12 is only for flowering and the nutrients your using arnt very good for flowering cuz you pretty much want no nitrogen in your nutes and more phosphorus during the flowering period.. If you want to veg your plants switch to 16/8 and feed with a high nitrogen nute.. And yes thats way to much nutrients for your plants.. Post a picture of wat your working with and i can tell you exactly wat to do k..

Ace,

Here are some pics. One of them has yellow spots on the leaves, the other 2 are nice green, buds growing on all, especially the one with the spots on the leaves.
The tallest is 48", other one 40", 3rd one 34". The short one is the fullest, best buds, but also the one with the spots on the leaves. All started 8/1/10.
Are the pics ok?
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

- 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Ok, here are the pics:

spotsonleaves2.JPG
spotsonleaves.JPG
all31.JPG

Yea dude the pictures are fine.. So keep on doing what your doin and cut back on the nutes.. Use nutrients every other watering and use less than it says on the directions.. and just stick to the bloom booster.. OK now on to the spots, it looks to me like its either spider mites or some kind of bug problem.. Check the underside of the leaves and look to see if there's anything crawling around.. if there is wait till your lights are off and use organic dish soap and water in a spray bottle and spray the underside of the whole plant cuz thats where they hide and breed.. If there's no bugs then its something to do with the PH or at least something along those lines.. Hope this helps bro :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom