Couple Q's for the more experienced

jc101

Hey just wondering what I can do to stop the ends of the leaves from turning white and a bit crispy. I just moved the light up to 20 inches away and im running a 400 watt light. Also how often should I feed the plant..Im using Miracle grow?

First of all I suggest dumping the Miracle Grow, it makes your bud taste like ass, get some good organic ferts like Fox Farms or something similar. Most likely the burning at the tips is nute burn, and that would be from using your ferts too often or too much. What kind of soil are you using? How often are you watering? How do you decide when to water? And, how often do you use the miracle grow? Answer those questions and we can help more.

I water once daily. Im using Pro Mix Bx with Microriga. So how much water should the plant be getting? Its about 4 inches tall and bushy like. and How much plant food?

If it is only 4 inches tall you should'nt be giving it any strong ferts like miracle grow, in fact you shouldnt be using that at all. I am in favor of fish emulsion, it is very low strength and works well on young plants. You can get a small container in most gardening stores.

hi man grab some pro mix 4 20-20-20- groth plus 10-52-10 . its good for beginer .. feed ...feed ..water...feed...feed....water Good Luck MAN!!!!!!!

jc101 said:
I water once daily. Im using Pro Mix Bx with Microriga. So how much water should the plant be getting? Its about 4 inches tall and bushy like. and How much plant food?

Yeah you are watering way too much, and I'm guessing that you are using the ferts every time since you didn't specify how often in comparison to your watering schedual. If yu are going to use the MG then for now I would cut our watering down to when you notice tat thetop of the soil is so dry that it starts to pull away from the sides of the pot, should take 5-7 days. Then with the ferts use half strength ever other time you water, no nutes for 2 weeks though. Should see the plant start doing better in a week and a half or so.

Please try to get different nutes though, you'll be alot happier with the results.

Yeah im gonna get some better nutrients...how often do i feed the plants with the nutrients? How much water should i be giving the plants every 3 or 4 days then? Also how long do i keep the plants on 18/6. Im using filtered water too, so theres no additives...any other tips?

i gave mine nutes every second watering(yes/no/yes/no..) and they got some nute burns so try to observe if they need - depends on how green the leaves are; the brighter they are the more they are feed up with the nuts.
I have mine under 18/6 and i am *planing* to move them into 12/12 in another 8 days(it would be their 45th birthday i hope they would be around 65 cm by then)
so its a matter of how large you want your plants and how bad you want to smoke ;)
tips... you can try talking to them - it kinda helps i heard :)

So your going to flower them at only about 6-7 inches? Thats pretty small.

jc101 said:
Yeah im gonna get some better nutrients...how often do i feed the plants with the nutrients? How much water should i be giving the plants every 3 or 4 days then? Also how long do i keep the plants on 18/6. Im using filtered water too, so theres no additives...any other tips?

How often and how much depends on what nutes you get. Follow the directions on the bottle, except the first feeding only use half the recommended so that your plants can get used to it. When you water, water untill the water comes out clear, if possible it's best to do this in a bath tub or shower. Don't use the shower or the tub tap though, way too much pressure. Use a watering can or your brita lol.

How long you keep them on the vegging schedual depends on how tall you want your plants to get, just remember that while flowering they will at least double in size. So when ever it is a little under half the size you want it to get by harvest time, that's when you switch it to 12/12.

As for water supply you should be fine if you are running it through a brita. you might want to pick up a ph test kit just to make sure, and it's always best if possible to filter all your water before hand and have it sit in a bucket or jugs outside over night to let the chlorine dissipate.

Bandolero said:
hi man grab some pro mix 4 20-20-20- groth plus 10-52-10 . its good for beginer .. feed ...feed ..water...feed...feed....water Good Luck MAN!!!!!!!

Is the 10-52-10 Food you talk of, for flowering stage? The 20-20-20 for veg?

:sasmokin: hi ya man the 20-20-20 is for veg use growth plus with it. and 10-52-10 and growth plus for flowering flush for 7day good luck man

i foliar feed(HEAVY) from sprout to their 3rd set of leaves, then i like to water til it drains out the bottom (using 2-gal buckets) this is generally good for 5-7 days ..... if i have doubts i pick em up to feel their weight ... if thier really light i water ..... nutes ..... i apply every other watering...... :joint:

hay man you are useing to much water your not flushing them man you just have to be patince.you should water them with 1 cup in the middle and 2 cup around the plant.then you shoud double every week. you dont won't plant dead or swiming L.O.L. look at my babys on my profile.and Good luck man........

Back
Top Bottom