Crappy timer failed, is my plant going to hermie?

UKsecret

Well, I was away for a couple of days and got back an hour before my light was supposed to come back on and it was already on?? The timer had failed on me, subjecting my plant to what was probably 48 hours + of light, so I turned off the light at the time it should have come on at to give it a rest. IM now wondering what on earth to do. At the time of writing this, its an hour before what should have been lights on time and I want to know what the chances of it going into shock are if I resume its normal schedule, or if its going to be totally ruined?

I had the same issue 3 weeks into Flower..Turned off lights for 12 hrs and resumed grow with no problems.

thanks got the reply man. I've just stuck it back on 12/12 after spending an evening with the timer in bits. Had a bit of a google around and I'm convinced she'll be OK. I'm just wondering, do you think letting a plant reach maturity and start showing pre-flowers before you switch to 12/12 would help it be a bit more resilient to sudden changes like this, as opposed to flowering them young?

thanks got the reply man. I've just stuck it back on 12/12 after spending an evening with the timer in bits. Had a bit of a google around and I'm convinced she'll be OK. I'm just wondering, do you think letting a plant reach maturity and start showing pre-flowers before you switch to 12/12 would help it be a bit more resilient to sudden changes like this, as opposed to flowering them young?

Unsure but when in Veg, You have very few worries. When in Flower, All you do is worry. Being a weed I think the plants are pretty tough. If you were in Veg when the timer failed, You could have just went business as usual without 12 hr of darkness.

Back
Top Bottom