Creeper attribute: bred in - strain specific or otherwise?

Tokist

i just gotta nice bag of some no name weed and much to my surprise, it's creeper. i smoked and smoked for a good 15 min and then BAM. it hits me.

in the past, i've had it take up to 30 or even 45 minutes til i get smacked in the head with an ultra high.

is this some sort of a defect in the breeding (i actually kinda look at it as a "feature" - i dig the surprise) or is it something that certain strains just do?

just a random question, curiosity is all.

thanks guys!

jiz

Re: "creeper" attribute: bred in, strain specific, or otherwise?

I think it may even have some to do with the time it was picked ex how many days flowering, possibly even the cure. I have grown the same ak for a few years and at times it creeped like mad other times it was knocking out in one............

You may be right growrilla. I remember back in the olden days of 100% outdoor growing, creeper showed up when the flowering part of the season was slower.

Hmmm,interesting.Almost all of my bagseed sats have a creeper effect just like the Mexican and Columbians we got in the '80's.The store-bought strains I'm playing around with can be felt pretty much instantly.I just assumed the creeper effect was a sativa thang.
Hey jiz,have you gotten your light set-up ready?I'd like to watch someone else grow Mexi for a change,Lol.So far my favorite bagseed hybrid keeper has beaten Mods and Mandallas stuff I've tried so far.Though,it's like comparing apples and oranges.It'll be a long while before I can compare it to the Thai/Haze x Sk1.Still alot of old school type of sativas to be found if you have the patience.I have one now thats at about 20 weeks of flower and maybe 2/3rds finished.But it's some truly psychedelic stuff.The faster phenos aren't psychedelic but are powerful enough to make me regret over-indulgence. :D Good luck with it.
Oh,the best thing I've found about the bagseed herb so far is that it doesn't tend to produce the thick coating of trichs like my dreamgoddess cross does.They make me cough up lung chunks and though I love the buzz I was kinda relieved when I ran out,Lol.
Peace

Wonder if it has to do with maturity at the time of flower?

Could be.I originally found this group of plants as seedlings on april 19 last year and brought 'em home with me.This is the original seedplant and not a cutting.One early test at around 15 weeks of flower shows that it is already more potent than it was the first time I flowered this plant,though the effects are short lived without a cure.
I use a 150 hps so there is no way I'm seeing this plant as it should be.It is one of 2 indeterminate plants I've grown.Just keeps pumping out the pistils.I'll use the 11/13 regimine when I grow out it's offspring,maybe help it finish.The T'Haze x sk1 male donor is a long flowering sucker also.:rocker:
Peace

The creeper effect is due to the ratio of THC, CBD, and CBN. The CBD and CBN engage the receptors, blocking the THC. :rollit:You smoke more then it all hits you.

After THC reaches it's peak in the flower, it begins to degrade into the other canabinoids. So, the longer a plant flowers, the more it turns into a creeper.:loopy:

Re: "Creeper" attribute: bred in, strain specific, or otherwise?

So I was out on the web looking for creeper strains and read two (in)complete creeper blogs or whatever (I'm old lol) and not one strain name or any knowledge dropped for young ones. In disbelieve I come back here where my "home" is and never been more proud of the site I chose or peers I keep. Spot on felix while the effects are found only in certain plants mostly sativa looonger flowering hazes, Thai, some African sativas, and South American strains to the best of my knowledge. The cure is also very much responsible as the degradation of thc raises the cbn and the best creeper will be low grade without a good 8-12wk cure, and why wait 12-26wks just to smoke lower quality. Love creeper strains, from what I'm gathering Mind Control by sonic seeds sounds really good for newer offerings.

Back
Top Bottom