Curling and yellowing leaves - help

southernboy30

I am growing White Rhino. The plant has yellowing and curling leaves when I returned from a 2 week vacation. I know that is a long time away from the plant, but I have a 10 gallon reservor that was half full when I return. The plant is in the flowering area.
PH=5.6
ppm = 800
use Bontincare Pro Blead
Temp in water - 76
air temp is 83
HPS 400w

I added Cal-Max this morning thinking that the Mg is low.

yelloleaves.jpg

Oh, I added 3 more plants on Jan. 2, 2009 and they are looking very good. The sick plant is approx 24" high, the 3 little are 12"

Picture of smaller plant. The droplets are water from the spraying.
yelloleaves_2.jpg

That plant looks severely nute burned or deficient. Maybe the advanced stages of Phosphorous def. due to lockout. Did you boost the nutes before you left for vacation?

I would dump your reservoir rinse it and flush with straight pH adjust water then then go back to your normal feeding schedule.

I had a plant look like that once and it was from Miracle Grow overdose. see below..

IMG_1089.JPG

Mine did not recover. I threw it out the next day and started over since it was a young one anyways. I'm not a hydro person yet. Still building my setup. However I would think for 12-24 hours of flushing. Not sure hopefully a hydro guy will chime in soon. PM stix or racefan they are good hydro guys.

what was your PPM when you returned. If your resevoir was only 1/2 full then there is a likely hood that your PPM skyrocketed causing nute burn. I would start a flush immediately with PH balanced water at around 6. I would keep flushing for atleast 3 days. Change the water each day. Make sure you use water that has been left out atleast 24 hours so that the chlorine has a chance to evaporate. Cut out any leaves that are burnt crispy. They will not survive. Any growth that is severely damaged will only get worse. That's ok. Keep an eye out for new growth. If the new growth continues to have problems let us know. Don't worry, your plants can survive on straight water for over a week. Give it 3 days and let us know if there are any improvments. Once there are improvements you can start to give them nutes again at 1/2 strength.

I am growing White Rhino. The plant has yellowing and curling leaves when I returned from a 2 week vacation. I know that is a long time away from the plant, but I have a 10 gallon reservor that was half full when I return. The plant is in the flowering area.
PH=5.6
ppm = 800
use Bontincare Pro Blead
Temp in water - 76
air temp is 83
HPS 400w

I added Cal-Max this morning thinking that the Mg is low.

yelloleaves.jpg
Looks.like.nute burn.try to.flush.it.good.give her a.week.see.how she's doing hope.this.helps.

Back
Top Bottom