Democracy?

SmokeyMacPot

In response to this article. County To Sue To Overturn Medical Marijuana Law - 420 Magazine
We need to rally up for this.

This is fucking unconstitutional. It is our right to dimocracy. We voted for Prop. 215. California needs to represent the people.

Hey big brother. I know you are reading. You the government, say marijuana is bad for my health. If you are going to keep it illegal make every thing bad for my health illegal. Make alcohol, tabacco, pharmasuticals, all those things illegal. Alcohol and tabacco is bad for my health. Look at how many people go to the doctors from alcohol poisening, and the birth deffects. You know that even if you wanted to make illegal you know you can't. "The vast majority of products in the marketplace have risks, It's up to each individual to decide whether to use them." Harvard University professor of economics, Jeffrey Miron. See what happens when you do that. There will be a big black market. Crime will go through the roof. Don't you learn from history. You are funding organised crime. Make it all legal, but regulated. Government make money from drugs. Sell it in stores. It is easyer for a child to buy heroin then it is alcohol. You say our propasition is making marijuana sound good for kids. That is bull. We show responsability. When ever something is illegal there will be a black market for it. Thus making it available in the streets easy for kids to get. Educate your kids. Show them to be above the influence and think for themselves. We are thinging for ourselfs and you come and supress us. You need a new drug policy. Your tired ass "Drug War," does NOT WORK and never will. Stop trying to control us and try something new.

I want to have the same right that a drunk and tabacco smoker has to fuck themself up.

Re: !!!!Read This!!!!

Yup. I'm going to make pamphlets of a new policy. On the front it will say: Learn to keep drugs off the streets and away from kids.

SMokey, it would be great if that article listed the names of the officials backing this issue. I will efinately go out of my way to alet my friends, family, and the internet community who NOT to vote for next election.
-PM

My personal views on leagalization are that it should be leagalized totally, even for recreational use. When they leagalized in the netherlands there was a huge drop in violent crimes, think of the lives, the pain, and the money saved by the government and the taxpayers if it was leagalized for recreational use. If not for the money then do it for the life of a fellow human being

Yeah i totally agree that marijuana is less harmful than other drugs and the only harm that it does cause is caused by the harsh laws and laws against smoking so you cant get on with ur life if ur a pothead.

Paper I wrote on the war on drugs. I've sent it to some govt officials to get opinions and I always get an email back that goes to the extent of "No Comment". This govt has no idea what they are doing when it comes to the "war on drugs". And thats teh truth.

As of today the United States of America is in debt for over seven trillion dollars, with another two billion added onto that total everyday. During a time when we have soldiers posted all over the world and with the economy in a slump, do we really have room to be throwing away billions of dollars on a problem which is close to impossible to solve? To combat the drug problem, United States policy makers have taken a supply-side strategy as part of their overall "war on drugs." The supply-side strategy is based on the assumption that if drugs can be stopped at the source, or in the countries where they are grown and produced, then the drug problem in the United States will decline. In effect, the amount of drugs available will decline, and the few drugs that will remain will be too costly for most people, especially the young, to buy. Because of this policy, the drug issue has become not just a domestic problem but also a foreign policy problem. Instead of spending billions on international plans to stop drug trafficking, the Untied States needs to make the drug trade a problem that is enforced purely in the United States, due to the fact that it is impossible to stop drugs from coming in. The only way to stop drug use is letting citizens make there own decisions and having them deal with the consequences of their actions.
One of the biggest debacles in the United States “war on drugs” is the failing effort to slow down the production of marijuana and opium produced in Mexico. In early April 2004, the United States government released its estimate of Mexican drug production for 2003 and according to the US State Dept. on April 6, 2004, "The estimates indicate -- despite intensive Mexican eradication programs -- an overall increase in marijuana and opium poppy cultivation." The problem could be due to the fact that many high-level Mexican officials are also bribed by drug lords. The actual drug czar of Mexico was on the Mexican Federation's payroll. Also, Raul Salinas, brother of Mexico's former president, is heavily involved in drug trafficking, according to Wren. Not only do many government officials lack the will to fight drugs, but they actually are helping to promote drug production and trafficking. Mireya Navarro has reported that sometimes even U.S. officials are thought to be bribed, such as the two former federal officials charged with aiding and protecting the Cali Mafia. The fact is that many of the countries that we are fighting the war on drugs against have governments that are too corrupt to even try and make an honest effort and to stop the problem. In an interview published by two newspapers in March 2001, Fox indicated agreement with a police official who suggested last week that the only way to win the war on drugs was to legalize drugs -- eliminating the profits and violence caused by illegal trafficking. Criminalizing drugs, says Fox, "has not lowered consumption. To the contrary, it has grown."
Another failed effort by the United States government to join forces with other government bodies to damper the international drug trade has been with Columbia. The White House released its estimate of Colombian cocaine production for 2004 on March 25th, 2005 and according to the U.S. Office of National Drug Control Policy or ONDCP, the amount of land devoted to coca production is at near record levels. In spite of this, ONDCP claimed in its news release that, "Despite a statistically unchanged area under coca cultivation (114,000 hectares), potential production of cocaine continued the decline of the last three years, falling 7 percent in 2004 to 430 metric tons of pure cocaine, down from 460 metric tons for 2003 (and down dramatically from the peak of 700 metric tons estimated for 2001). The decline in potential production resulted from an increased percentage of fields that were newly-planted in response to eradication. Such fields are less productive than mature coca." (Office of National Drug Control Policy | The White House) Critics of Washington's effort to crush drug production in Colombia, the world's main cocaine-producing country and a major supplier of heroin, say the report indicates the Colombian and U.S. governments are losing the war on drugs, which has cost more than $3 billion in U.S. aid there since 2000. "The U.S. government's own data provides stark evidence that the drug war is failing to achieve its most basic objectives," said John Walsh of the Washington Office on Latin America. Walsh also pointed out that prices of cocaine and heroin have been steadily dropping over the years on U.S. streets, indicating availability of the drugs has not diminished.
South America isn’t the only part of the world the United States has been trying to target as a prime suspect in the trafficking of drugs in the United States. Afghanistan is one of the key producers of opium in the world, and has shown no signs of slowing down. In a 2004 report by the UN, the United Nations said that, “Opium cultivation has spread to all of Afghanistan’s 32 provinces, making narcotics the main engine of economic growth: valued at US$2.8 billion, the opium economy is now equivalent to over 60 per cent of Afghanistan’s 2003 GDP.” So how do you stop a broken country from growing illegal drugs and transporting them to the United States if that is their main source of economic growth? The German Society for Technical Cooperation or GTZ, proposes that the cultivation of wheat, wine, fruit or spices could well replace the production of heroin as a source of making a living for Afghans. “We have spoken with farmers. Many would stop growing opium if they could survive by producing other products.” The farmers do not grow opium because they want to be international drug lords and have billions of dollars. The majority of farmers use the growth and distribution of opium as a key source of income in helping feed families that commonly exceed six child in a household. It seems the best way to stop the drug trade all over the world is not to burn down farms and get into violent struggles with drug czars, but to give the farmers a legal alternative to the drugs they are producing.
Even though the drug problem has long been considered a foreign policy issue, it really isn't. Although the supply of drugs comes from foreign countries, the United States has been and will continue to be ineffective in stopping that supply. Lack of political will, corruption, and weak judicial and enforcement institutions in Latin American countries make U.S. efforts ineffective. The United States cannot fight the supply of drugs alone. As long as there is a demand, there will be a supply. The supply source may change over time from one area to another, but it will be there constantly. U.S. agencies have little effect over the supply of drugs. However, America can control and influence the demand for drugs. No matter how many drugs are shipped into the United States, if there is no consumption or demand, then there will be no problem. It is the simple economic rule of supply and demand. The United States must overcome the routine politics that prevent the reduction of supply-side foreign policy programs and focus on domestic programs, such as treatment and education programs, that have a large impact on reducing demand for drugs, which in turn has a large impact on the overall U.S. drug problem. The truth is, governments could stop the trade in drugs if they wished. Ask who benefits most from the trade? The permanent hoax and public show to stop the importation of drugs has provided cover for a more dangerous dependency. When you cash that government check, ask what price did you really pay for the joy from that drug?

Back
Top Bottom