Drug Dealer Given Away By Mobile Phone

Warbux

UK - A Newbury drug dealer was given away by his phone when customers texted orders - while police looked on.

Lauren Murphy, prosecuting at West Berkshire Magistrates’ Court last Thursday, April 8, said officers went to the home of 19-year-old Anthony Nicholas Wormald of Craven Road and found cannabis plants growing there.

They also found several mobile phones, the court heard, and began to check the incoming texts.

Miss Murphy said: “There were messages like: ‘It’s Skinner - I’m coming to yours for a ten bag’ and ‘one and a half, please - I’ll be with you in 10 minutes’ and ‘an eighth, please.’”

She added: “Officers also removed a number of small plastic bags and drug paraphernalia.

The defendant said he usually spent between £20 and £80 per week on cannabis and growing the plants was a way of saving money. He also admitted supplying cannabis to friends.”

Mr Wormald, who has previously been cautioned for possessing cannabis, admitted cultivating four cannabis plants and possessing 98 grams of the Class B drug with intent to supply, both on December 22 last year.

A charge of supplying a quantity of cannabis to Thomas O’Connor in Newbury on the same date was withdrawn by the prosecution in the light of Mr Wormald’s admission to the other charges, said Miss Murphy.
John Jackson, defending, said his client, who lived with his mother, “got cannabis from dealers and his friends knew of this.”

He added: “He tells me - and he asks the court to accept - that he would put people in touch with these dealers and personally made no money out of this.”

However Miss Murphy reminded magistrates of Mr Wormald’s formal admission to the charge of possession with intent to supply.
Magistrates imposed a 12-month community order and ordered Mr Wormald to carry out 200 hours’ unpaid work for the benefit of the community.

He was also told to pay £85 costs.

News Hawk: Warbux 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: NewburyToday.co.uk
Author: John Garvey
Copyright: 2010 Newbury Today
Website: Newbury Today | Drug dealer given away by mobile phone

Back
Top Bottom