Drying Help needed!

tk86high

IS there a WRONG way to Dry ?
I mean I get the buds need air and not much light on the drying curing process. but anything else i should be aware of ?
Cos im just gonna throw my buds in some boxes and let them dry outside in the daytime temps 60's 70's and inside at night for a few weeks. Anybody know of a reason why that wouldnt be a good idea ?
Thanks

IS there a WRONG way to Dry ?
I mean I get the buds need air and not much light on the drying curing process. but anything else i should be aware of ?
Cos im just gonna throw my buds in some boxes and let them dry outside in the daytime temps 60's 70's and inside at night for a few weeks. Anybody know of a reason why that wouldnt be a good idea ?
Thanks

dont put them outside. keep them inside in boxes if you can. you dont want mold. you came this far.
they may get moldy due to cool temps in the morning and night. high humidity at night. and condensation in the morning. i like to run a fan above the boxes in the dark or dim room. 60% humidity max. 68 to 72 degees constant. day and night.

Not if a bunch of holes are poked in sides with a fan blowing on them. Ive done this and works well. Heard of vet. growers doing this too, as an alterative to hanging. They claim it comes out better too!

I hung them in a closet, and had a small fan in there. It worked well except the fan probably dried them a bit quick and I couldnt control the stickyness as well. You want em dry/sticky imo :thumb:

Thanks guys for all ur replies !!
I think im gonna try relaxed Lee method on that one cos Ive read that a lot from people that say it works , So yeah in box with holes poked in them and a fan blowing on the box
How many days u do it for Lee? 5-7 days?
Of course after I got out most of the water from the buds Ill throw them in some Tupperware and burp it once or twice a day for a few weeks. My main issue is how to get the majority of the water out , and Brown Box special I think will do the trick here xD

Patience is a growers best friend. All stages of Cannabis require patience for optimal results.

Don't dry too fast. If you use boxes they will dry quick, and most like be stuck with stale air.
I AGREE but Disagree.
I agree if u are planning on smoking it or selling it then HELL YEAH Patience is the key to a great grow .
BuT
Id have to disagree when it comes to the THC effect that is on the plant , and if u know the way to extract it . I do something called Cut as I grow. (when im out of bud) from the 3rd week of flowering on I pick a bud quick dry it on my ballast for the day and then put it in my vaporizer , and the effect is the same for me , as I use weed for medical issues. And the high is the same too.
Smoking it though is like smoking grass :p

*guess thats how it got the old school name grass as the first growers didnt know u was suppose to wait a long ass time before smoking it*

Back
Top Bottom