Drying outdoors help

Green348

420 Member
Currently planning to attempt my first grow during summer, Britain, 2020. I have the facility to grow outdoors discreetly however my problem occurs when faced with drying as am unable to dry in doors/ in a shed. Is it realistically possible to successfully dry outdoors while minimising the risk of mould and if worth it, how should I best approach this.

~Many thanks

:welcome: to the forum...

From my visits to your country, it seems to be foggy, or rainy much of the time. If you can get a week or two without either, and the humidity remains below 60%, you should be able to dry them outdoors in the shade.

If that's not going to happen, you can try make a dryer that you can leave outdoors. A 20l pail with silica gel in the bottom may do this for you. Make square frames with fiberglass screens for bottoms and stack them, each layer rotated 45° in the pail with your harvest in them. The frames should be about 60mm high above the screen. Put a hygrometer in the pail with them, and seal it up. Every day take the frame from the bottom and move it to the top, and check the condition of the silica gel. Replace that as necessary. Remove the harvest and jar it with 62% Boveda packs when the humidity in the middle of the pail drops to between 60 and 65%.

I haven't tried this, It's a possible solution that came to mind.

:welcome: to the forum...

From my visits to your country, it seems to be foggy, or rainy much of the time. If you can get a week or two without either, and the humidity remains below 60%, you should be able to dry them outdoors in the shade.

If that's not going to happen, you can try make a dryer that you can leave outdoors. A 20l pail with silica gel in the bottom may do this for you. Make square frames with fiberglass screens for bottoms and stack them, each layer rotated 45° in the pail with your harvest in them. The frames should be about 60mm high above the screen. Put a hygrometer in the pail with them, and seal it up. Every day take the frame from the bottom and move it to the top, and check the condition of the silica gel. Replace that as necessary. Remove the harvest and jar it with 62% Boveda packs when the humidity in the middle of the pail drops to between 60 and 65%.

I haven't tried this, It's a possible solution that came to mind.
Definitely something to consider, thank you

Back
Top Bottom