Dugout

rockbottomchica

I have this really, really, really, old dugout from when I first started smoking. I have unfortunately neglected to use it (or clean the metal one-hitter) for many years now. I broke my spoon and no longer have anything portable, except for my dugout. The problem is, the shit built up in the one-hitter is so fucking old and petrified, I can't seem to clean it out. Any suggestions that would work? Or is it even worth saving?

get some acetone... it'll clean the metal bat to as good as new

like nail polish remover? l considered using CLR cleaner, but i'm not sure if it will leave a nasty flavor even after washing it out, like some cleaners.

don't use scented... use pure acetone... you can get a small jug of it at a hardware store... if you use the nail polish remover, you rinse it out with rubbing alcohol real well afterwards... then hot water... then just to be safe, hold it with some pliers and heat it up real good with your lighter... never can be too sure...

hmmm. thanks guys. l'm gonna go pick up some acetone on monday morning from the local general store. so far,its been soaking in a water and simple-green mix. i was hoping it would break down all the shit and later i could go at it with a waterpik. ahhhh, the things we do for our friend maryjane...

you gotta use a pipe cleaner WITH that shit

yeah, i got an assortment of pipe cleaners from when i played the french horn (i had to clean out all the little nooks and crannies monthly) works great

uhh why the fuck use acetone? Just use rubbing alcohol and some salt (i've only tried this method on glass). All those pipe cleaners are just alcohol and salt with some articificial scents so it smells nice.

puLse said:
uhh why the fuck use acetone? Just use rubbing alcohol and some salt (i've only tried this method on glass). All those pipe cleaners are just alcohol and salt with some articificial scents so it smells nice.
pipe cleaners as in those long fuzzy wires that you use to scrub pipes with...

naw, i use musician-grade 'pipe' cleaners. for cleaning the spit out of copper tubing. nasty shit.

Don't boil a color changing pipe it WILL screw up the color change properties. I know I messed up my color changing pipe by boiling it.

Irish Lass said:
Don't boil a color changing pipe it WILL screw up the color change properties. I know I messed up my color changing pipe by boiling it.
nah man... the color changing is due to gold or silver fuming... the fuming doesn't dissolve in water... I've boiled many a color-changing piece... doesn't fuck up the color... but it DOES break the piece most of the time if you don't have the piece IN the water as the water's heating up...

doods, it not a glass pipe. its a metal onehitter, or a bat. painted to look like a cigarette. real old skool. belongs a walnut-wood dugout with a wolf silhoutte (sp?) fashioned from turquoise on it. spring loaded so that when you slide the top open, the bat pops up. stole it from my old roomate

im gunna get a dug out therey pretty cool

Back
Top Bottom