Early Preflower? And how to LST a short plant?

jagotf

Had some things come up with personal/family life and had to scrap the last 4 plant grow i had going. But since 1 plant is much more manageable in these busy times, I decided to drop an autoflower seed and see where I ended up. Also decided to adopt the "talk less, listen more" ideology and take better care of this one.

In the past 24 hours I'm pretty sure that I have positively identified the female parts, as well as the beginning of pistils in one of the nodes. But, I'm not entirely sure. Especially since it seems SO early...

This plant is 16 days from seed, 14 days from sprout, with a FIM after the first multi-leaf node. The plant seems to be incredibly healthy, the EC is constant with less than .1 deviation from day to day, and pH is checked and balanced every 24 hours as soon as the light comes on, with it starting at 5.8 and rising to 6.1. She is exploding with growth after a 3 days recovery from the FIM, and roots never slowed down. The only damage that this plant has taken was when it first sprouted in the rockwool cube. I had never actually seen a taproot explode like that before, and within 4 days from seed it had a good 2.5 inches coming out of the bottom and soaking up non-conditioned water that was in the dome for added humidity. Burnt the first serrated leaves slightly, but have seen nothing since.

Now comes a few questions I have looking forward with this one -
- Did I ID this correctly as female?
- Are these *actually* pistils I'm seeing?
- If she is preflowering this early, am I going to run into complications with structure or yield? Or am I simply putting too much thought into this?
- I would like to LST her, as well, starting Monday (7 days since FIM). But I have no idea how I would go about this since she is already so short and tightly growing.
- Or, should I wait for her to grow up and out a bit before tying her down?

Any and all advice would be great.

Pictures (sorry for bad focus, just using the zoom on my phone since no loupe):

20200711_014042.jpg

I feel as though this was a pretty clear-cut example of female parts, but I could be wrong?

20200711_160854.jpg

PRETTY SURE those are small, white pistils popping out of that one...

20200711_162412.jpg

She definitely recovered from the FIM well, but now she's a super shorty, and i have no idea how to go about LST'ing her. 8.5 inches across, and maybe 3 inches tall.

20200711_162528.jpg

Bonus : dentist white roots that wont stop reaching :D :D

Apparently I'm not meant to LST this plant unless she goes up instead of bushing out soon. I've even raised the light to maintain 24 inches above canopy. Although I'm not actually sure that's a bad problem. :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

Day 21 from seed today, and still under 4 inches tall except for a single leaf sticking up.

Maybe I should have started a journal for this one...

20200715_202100.jpg

Back
Top Bottom