Exhaust fan is greater than the carbon filter and the air intake, problem?

owais

So i have a 9x9x13 grow room, and a carbon filter unit called Blueair 203 - Air Purifiers, Electronic Ionizer - it has a 141CFM fan, and an exhaust fan of 550CFM i got it for a 600watts air-cooled hood to exhaust air/heat outside the room connected on a 6" duct 10 meters long, I've read some threads but it seems everyone has a different opinion about if exhaust should be greater or the opposite...
So my question is will the carbon filter do its job with having that exhaust fan of 550CFM and intake of 1200BTU, 480 m³/hour, or about 280 CFM and is it ok to have an exhaust fan great than the air-conditioning fan?

here's a link of the air-conditioning unit
But I suspect the air circulation figure is a misprint and it's actually more like 480 m³/hour, or about 280 CFM.

In my opinion I dont think this will work as efficient as opposed to both units being equal strength. Sounds like the exhaust fan will be overpowering the intake to create a vacume affect. rite?

yes the exhaust fan is nearly double the speed of the intake unit (Air-conditioning Unit).. what i know is the air in the grow room should be completely exchanged every 5mins, the less the better.. 1min is optimal of air exchange, so what i think is if they're equal in CFM the air cant be exchanged within the needed time, it is kind of a complicated issue and not really easy to figure out how to maintain an optimal environment in your grow room, anyway my plants are growing with no problems due to room environment, maybe the only problem I'm facing is, due to the big difference between intake and exhaust i noticed a slight increase of the temperature in the room, other than that i haven't notice any problem but yet i'm not sure if what i'm doing is the best thing to do or not..
In my opinion I dont think this will work as efficient as opposed to both units being equal strength. Sounds like the exhaust fan will be overpowering the intake to create a vacume affect. rite?

Knowing you got ac unit than the temp should be perfect . How old is the ac unit ? Is the thermostat accurate you think? Can you show some pics?

it is pretty new, i bought it about 3 months ago just for the growroom here's a link of the air-conditioning unit, will take some pics of the room and show you the setup

Knowing you got ac unit than the temp should be perfect . How old is the ac unit ? Is the thermostat accurate you think? Can you show some pics?

the fan you can see in the room is water based, a blowing fan with a reservoir u fill up with water and blow a humid air, it icreases the humidity in the room to a good degree, when it's on the humidity fluctuates between 47-62% , will try to get you a video of the room so you can have a better view, the air conditioning unit is on top.. about 2.25 meters from the ground couldn't have it lower than that when the company installed it

it is pretty new, i bought it about 3 months ago just for the growroom here's a link of the air-conditioning unit, will take some pics of the room and show you the setup

Check the 3 pics, and the air conditioning unit has a remote control, there's no thermostat, so i have it on 18C, which is the max and the fan on the highest speed

Back
Top Bottom