Experienced outdoor grower trying indoor for the first time

mileycyrusfan

hey everybody i just moved from the big country to the big city and i am limited to only closet space so im going to be dabbling in CFL lights until i can pick up my HPS and hydro equipment.(i left it in another state)

this grow setup isn't for massive yield or potency. i would like to experiment with CFL setups since ive used HID/HPS and outdoor. now im trying this method and seeing what i can do with it. im curious by nature and im always trying new things with my grows, so any advice or pointers would be mucho appreciated.

im using CFLs for the ease of use, the cost, and stealth. Im going to be doing a grow for only one or two plants MAX. i will be using 4 48w usage CFLs. (see pic)

im converting a laundry hamper into my cabinet. it is 26" tall, and 12"x20" length and width. ive lined the inside with flat white cardboard and the bottom with plastic. it opens from the top, but i will also have a removable panel in the front for easy access.

Im using ScroG method but unlike most ScroG setups, the wire will not be attached to the inside of the cabinet, but rather will be attached to the actual pot so that i can move the entire pot and wire from the box for flushing and trimming/inspection.

i will be using organic soils in a 3 gallon pot but im not sure what nutes to use. i have Miracle Grow for my ficus plants but i've heard not to use this on cannabis.

i will have ventilation and all the necessary equipment like thermometer, timers, etc. i know what im doing(pretty much) but would like some advice or comments on my system and how i could improve it (without investing TOO much money right now)

also, i will be using bagseed for the first grow. i wouldn't want to waste quality seeds due to my inexperience with this system. any help would be... um, helpful. yea. thanks guys

growplan.jpg

Welcome to 420. I like the scrog screen attached to the pot idea. Is this going to be a 12/12 grow to keep height down?

no im most likely going to keep the height down by ScroGing and cropping on an 18/6 until my screen is full, then 12/12. i might even transition slowly. not sure. im eager to experiment.

im also very interested in growing entirely from 12/12 lighting. i may try a few seedlings at flowering time and see how they do.

thanks for welcoming me. this is an awesome site. lotsa peeps seem to know what they are doing here

Back
Top Bottom