Fan destroys humidity levels?

LeonardLunte

Hey I have a humidifier standing in my grow room, normally when i have it running humidity is like 60-70% for my seedlings. I didnt really have any ventilation and I was scared that maybe mold would start to form, so I purchased a fan. The fan is doing a really good job with moving the air around, but since I have it installed humidity levels are way lower and it sort of seems to destroy the humidity created by the humidifer (now its about 40-50% humidity)

Is there any advice on how I could fix this? (Having good humidity and good ventilation at the same time)
thx

Hey I have a humidifier standing in my grow room, normally when i have it running humidity is like 60-70% for my seedlings. I didnt really have any ventilation and I was scared that maybe mold would start to form, so I purchased a fan. The fan is doing a really good job with moving the air around, but since I have it installed humidity levels are way lower and it sort of seems to destroy the humidity created by the humidifer (now its about 40-50% humidity)

Is there any advice on how I could fix this? (Having good humidity and good ventilation at the same time)
thx
I'm having similar issues in a very small grow space. I don't have a humidifier, but I do have a fan poi ting at a jar of water with a sponge sticking out of it. Avg humidity is about 34% in the canopy but 45% below. My hygrometer might be bunk though.

There is a difference between air circulation and extraction.

Air circulation is as simple as putting an oscillating fan in the space gently blowing across the plant. This does two things. #1 it prevents mold and damping off. #2 that multi-directional breeze blowing on the seedlings will strengthen the stems. That is something you will want when the plant gets taller and has to support the weight of the buds.

Extraction is changing the air over in the tent. This will always lower the humidity in the tent if the ambient air in the room is lower than your desired RH level in the tent. This is to prevent the air from getting stagnate and to replenish Co2. They make controllers that can be set so that the extraction fan only runs when the humidity goes above a certain level.

I used to run humidifiers in the early stages of growth but stopped years ago. Too much humidity can reek havoc with your carbon filter and lead to other issues. As long as I am at 40-50% I don't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom