Father Seeks City Council's Help With Medical Cannabis For His 7-Year-Old Son

The General

Modesto - The father of a child who suffers from seizures hopes to enlist the City Council's support in making a type of medical cannabis legal in California. Jason David and other parents and their supporters appeared at Tuesday's council meeting to ask for help. Council members agreed to discuss whether the council would send letters in support of legislation to make it legal to produce a type of medical cannabis with a high concentration of cannabidiol, or CBD.

The discussion is scheduled for next week's council meeting. David said CBD is not psychoactive, and its users do not get high. He has used it since 2011 for his 7-year-old son, Jayden, who has Dravet syndrome, a severe disorder in children that often forces desperate parents to try numerous drugs to control their intractable seizures, with limited results.

David has said that since he started giving CBD in a tincture or oil form to Jayden, his son has had a dramatic reduction in seizures. David and other parents and their supporters made their case for support before the council's Safety and Communities Committee in mid-November, but did not get the help they sought.

Jayden's pediatrician spoke about the boy's improvement since he has been using CBD. Two founders of the Colorado-based nonprofit Realm of Caring also asked for support in opening a lab in Modesto to produce CBD. Possessing and growing cannabis for medicinal use in California has conflicted with federal law since 1996, when it became legal under state Proposition 215, the Compassionate Use Act. City officials have said that it doesn't make sense for a city to regulate a medical marijuana lab and that any type of cannabis is illegal.

Jason_David_hugs_his_Jayden.jpeg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Modbee.com
Author: Keven Valine
Contact: Contact The Modesto Bee or ModBee.com | Modesto, CA
Website: MODESTO: Modesto News: Father seeks City Council's help with medical cannabis for his 7-year-old son | Local News | Modesto Bee

This IS the next wave of Cannabis as Medicine!

This will improve the lives of MANY including my own, I myself am tired of waiting for true Medicinal Relief from the neuro pain I suffer with full time.

I would like to ask folks to contact the Madesto Ca. City Council and let their ideas and votes on this matter be heard.
Please be polite and respectful in asking for compassion.:thanks:

Mayor

Garrad Marsh
mayor@modestogov.com
Term expires 2015
First elected 2012

John Gunderson, district 1
District 1
John Gunderson
jgunderson@modestogov.com
District 1: Term expires 2015
First elected 2011