First Frost

mainegoodness

I got a plant that has bean flowering for about a week and a half. I got about 4 good week's left till it's about time for our first frost in maine. I am wandering if i can bring the plant inside at night and bring it out once it worm's up the next morning so i can get the plant to fully mature. And i have also herd that u can put a garbage bag over it at night but i think the outher method would work better. Hope everyone work's out :hmmmm:

Re: Fisrt Frost

sure you can bring it in at night...... but it needs to be kept in total darkness until daylight again.....btw if you're bringing it in & putting it in a closet or windowless room that's a good way to get to 12/12 immediately as I know you're at 14/8 or so right now, given there's some light before and after the times in our sunrise/sunset tables.......... good luck

well if the plants already been in flowering it has already seen 12/12 right or 14/8? lmfao dont trip, you will shock the plant a bit, but it should work, if you set it up right, you can give it exactly 12/12, that i recommend.

DankCloset said:
well if the plants already been in flowering it has already seen 12/12 right or 14/8? you can give it exactly 12/12, that i recommend.

Ooooops.....meant 14/10...... I currently show Maines sunrise @ 6:42 & sunset @ 7:40, that would be 13/11 right now except that there is 1/2 hour of measurable light before and after the times noted & that makes it 14/10 currently..............:bongrip: :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

The Autumnal equinox is Sept 22, on this date the days and nights will be the same length.
But that doesn't mean much.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with when the first freeze of the year occurs. In L.A. for example it never freeze's.
Marijuana usually begins flowering in mid-Aug., more than a month before the equinox, because marijuana goes by USABLE light (or to be more precice total darkness). In other words dawn and dusk "don't count". And most strains begin to flower before the nights get to 12 hrs. in length. In my indoor grow I've always used a 13/11 cycle for flowering.
The best way to determine when the first frosts/freeze's occur in your area is to call a local plant nursery and ask them.

mainegoodness said:
I was just wandering if my plant will bud befor the frost.
is your plant more indica or sativa, thatll effect how long itll take for budding. the more indica and you could be done in the next 2-3 weeks but if its a sativa then youll have to bring it inside at night as they can take up to 12 weeks to fully flower.

That would be correct maine. In addition to the above (great advice guys) I would only add not to put it in your primary indoor grow area when you bring it in nights. Keep it as far away from that as possible. IMOH, start bringing it in for the night now. As long as you bring it in and put it out at about the same time every day, lighting shouldn't be an issue. I agree that at this time of the year, the plant measures usable light. The warmer night time temps you'll be providing should actually help a lot. How big of a container do you have it in?
Vin

Yeah, that sure sounds like a back breaker! LOL. I say bring it in now if you can put it somewhere w/good light most of the day. You can cover it at night too w/a light cloth to keep the forost off, but the warmer indoor temps are going to be more benificial in the long run.
Vin

Yeah, but still, I wouldn't risk braeking a branch off moving it around every day. Just find a sunny spot in your house and leave it there.
Vin

well i check on the plant the outher day and so many white hair's look's like it's starting to form little bud's. from what i no i got about close to a month left of growing. If it look's like bud's are forming i think 3 4 more week's ill be able to get some bud for my self what do u think. im not looking to harvest much. first time growing ill be happy with just a little bud.

Well i think ill be able to put it in a window. My dad evan checked on my plant so ill pob put it inside in a little over a week.

Back
Top Bottom