first time grow, please help.

skunkfunk

Hullo all, great site u guys have here.
ok here is the deal. i have 6 plants, under 1 6 ft plant/aquarium flourescent and 1 6 ft grow light flour ( dad gave it to me says its a very good grow bulb but does not remember the name or wattage, and 1 150 watt halogen bulb.
have had them going now for bout 3 1/2 to 4 weeks. being my first grow, i am as anxious and nervous as just about everyone doin it first time, ie, security and health issuses. 1 of them is purpalish with a white granular build up at the base, thought it was ok, now not so sure. the plant is almost a ft tall and is starting on the 5th node. will post pix here in a day or 2. they are in 6 in pots. need to know when to water, flushing, how much to water. i know this is a boring post and prolly too long, but any advice would be great.

could be salt build up. Could be perlite in the soil and could be mold. What are you feeding them with? How often? What are temps? With lights? Without? What's the humidity of the room? The halogen is not a grow light. put it up outside and use it to see at night with. It's what it was made for after all. Never heard of or seen a 6 foot floro before. 4 and 8 footers yes...but not a 6 footer.
One thing I can tell you right now is that if these things are a foot tall and you have them in 6" pots...they are root bound. 1 gallon of soil for every foot of plant is the rule of them with soil growing. But then again with the halogen, they are probably stretched out pretty good. Put the pics up and we'll see how we can help. Definitely pull the halogen though. It's nothing but a heat producer.

Back
Top Bottom