First Time Grow Questions! With Light

bugabu229

Hello guys I decided awhile back that I wanted to go ahead and try my first grow. After doing a little research and studying I have compiled a list of thing I have already got and plan on getting. But I have a few questions about lighting and so on. First the things I have already purchased.
32x32x63 indoor grow tent
3 XXL White Widow auto seeds plan on planting 2.
Thermometer and ph test strips
Oscillating 20' fan maybe a little 2 big.
8 Phillips 100 watt...True 23 watt CFL Bulbs maybe adding more later.
4 utility light holders with a double bulb splitter
And etc stuff pots blah
Basically I need to know is the amount of light I have enough for 2 plants to have a decent yield. Also any information anyone has on the strain I purchased from seedsman.And What do you guys think about trying the trellis net and topping for my first grow Good or bad Idea? I picked auto seeds because of their seed to harvest time and they also seemed more easier to deal with for a first grow in terms of light schedule and stuff like that.
I just need to know good advice for my first grow and setup Thanks in advance guys my name is Jesse btw

If it were me... and I already had what you had, this time around I would add at least 4 more bulbs and use an oscillating tower fan instead of that 20 incher...free up more space...next go round maybe consider a smaller MH/HPS light or LED...I'm running a little side auto project this year(never grew autos before)...built a small closet(27X42) and a fixture with stuff I had laying around...the light draws 260 true watts, and even that according to the 50 watts to sq. foot is underpowered...so we'll see...
P1060235.JPG
P10602711.JPG

Welcome to :420: Jesse!...best of luck,,,cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Hey thanks for the reply first off!! And after doing a little more research i decided to order the mars 300 it should be here in Two days. I was a little skeptical of using led for my first grow but i said what the hell might as well give more than enough light hopefully. So in combination with the eight 23 watt cfls. i will also be throwing in a mars 300 ontop i feel that should cover any light problems. i plan on having the cfls on the side and corners of the plants. I was also wondering on the best thing to start my seedling of in before i move them to the fox farms ocean

ok thanks i appreciate it. i think im going to use fox farms frog first for the seedling then move them to the ocean forest maybe a week or two later.any suggestions on distance of led to plant?

It's my first foray into LED's this year...so I'm not positive..but...I'm gonna start about 30 inches from top of tallest plant when I get my main room going I think...I tend to err on the side of caution so will add a couple inches to manufacturer specs...which can easily be adjusted according to plant reaction...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

...if possible...get your CFL's horizontal rather than vertical,unless you're using some type of reflector...it is more efficient...not crucial...just something to consider...and you can get them quite close and strategically place them to better supplement your Mars light...lighting horsepower is important...but also consider environment...temps...humidity...ventilation...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom