First time grow

BlueBlazer

Hi all, I'm constructing a Aquaponics grow room out of a 6ft-Wide, 6ft-Tall, 2ft-Deep shed that i have moved in doors and sealed up and a 35 gallon fish tank with the water circulating through a peice of PVC i have rigged to hold the 2 plants and back into the fish tank. I have two 4" holes cut out for ventilation I'm trying to do this for the least amount of money possible but still want quality buds. I'm using 90% reflective roof paint for the reflective surfaces. As far as lighting goes i'm stumped, I've read the lighting forum a few times, but i just get lost in all the information. If anyone can please help me figure out how many lights/strength and how many fish/size i need to grow in this shed. I by no means have a green thumb, so all help is appreciated.

With actual fish in the mix you may have a problem with algae. (I've had many aquariums over the last 35 years)

I would leave out the fish and use a nutrient solution specifically tailored to weed for what you're doing. There are many. I use an Ebb & Flow system and Supernatural brand nutrients. They are PH buffered and as long as you follow their recommended doses you'll have perfect PH all the time, and just the right PPM. It's almost a set it and forget it setup.

For light, what Antics said. As long as you've got a way to vent the heat a 600W HID would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom