Fluctuating metabolite levels? Freaking out, please help!

bobbyloblaw

Sigh. I'm a complete mess. I took a pre-employment drug test at Quest Diagnostics on 8/4 and have not yet heard back. On my copy of the control form, the employer's address/phone number is exactly the same as the MRO's address/phone number so I am assuming if I tested positive for THC metabolites I would have heard something right away?

Anyway, my question is, how much can the level of THC metabolites in urine fluctuate from day to day? I had been clean for 25 days when I tested at Quest (5'7", 135 lbs, fast metabolism but live a sedentary life style, frequent user - an 8th a week). I have taken so many different at home tests getting "faint lines" with various intensities. This is the cliawaived cup test I took the morning of my lab test (first void).

And this is a photo of a Walgreen's test I took the day after my lab test (not first void but very concentrated).

As you can see the test I took the day after my lab test produced the faintest line ever (not sure if that's negative).

Do you think I passed my lab test? It's been 3 business days and I haven't heard a thing yet (tested in the morning and was told results would be available in 24-48 hours). I also passed a U-test strip test at 20 ng/ml 10 days after abstaining only to fail a U-test multipanel THC test with cut off levels from 200 ng/ml to 20 ng/ml (I failed all panels). ANY insight would be helpful and put me at ease. I haven't been able to sleep and cannot fail this test and did not want to risk subbing/dilution. THANK YOU in advance.

MORNING OF LAB TEST
image2_zpsxm1h931z.jpg

DAY AFTER LAB TEST
image1_zpsb7xsbdms.jpg

They are both a negative so you should be ok. Always use some dilution the morning of a drug test. Thc metabolite levels vary from day to day based on liver and kidney function, sugar intake, exercise and other things. Thats why you always use at least some dilution the morning of the test.
You won't hear anything from the MRO, they contact whoever pays for the test not you. So all you can do is be patient, it takes a few days for the company bureaucracy to get rolling. I would give HR a call on monday and ask when your start date is. Mention nothing about the drug test. if you popped positive they'll let you know then.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Both at home tests have a cut off level at 50 ng/ml and so did my lab test. I was very dehydrated that day so I strained to get that first void and then strained again to get a 2nd void before I went in. At the testing facility, I downed two bottles of water and had to wait to go..the color of urine wasn't as light as I had hopped but I'm hopeful that I passed since I passed the at home test. This isn't really for pre-employment, it's for rotations at a hospital as part of school. Needless to say, my life is over if I fail and what sucks is, I'm the only one that got a rotation that requires a drug screen. Thanks again, I feel a bit better now.

Back
Top Bottom