flushing/leaching?

zierf

ok so some of what i have read in here talkes about flushing close to the end of flowering. But it gets me a little confused

some peaple refer to the flushing as running a lot of water threw the soil ( or leaching the soil) and some talk about flushing as giving the plants RO water with a very low level in the ppm's of the nutes to get the plant to use up the nutes it has stored in it self

so i guess my question is should i leach the soil (to help get the nutes out of the soil )and then flush the plants? or should you just flush the plants with plain RO water with no nutes or a low ppm count and let the plant use up some of the nutes that have built up into the soil?

right now i have 3 plants in the 6th week of flower and the hairs are about 30-40 brown on the lower portion of the buds and the top halves of the buds the hairs are still all white.

Flushing is one of those things that are growers preference. But generally you want to start flushing during the last two weeks before harvest.
To flush you just water with 2x your container volume at once. You can use dechlorinated tap water(just let it sit out overnite).
I usually flush with just water & molasses..

good luck :surf:

Flushing is one of those things that are growers preference. But generally you want to start flushing during the last two weeks before harvest.
To flush you just water with 2x your container volume at once. You can use dechlorinated tap water(just let it sit out overnite).
I usually flush with just water & molasses..

good luck :surf:

do you use 2x the soil to water every watering for the 2 weeks or just the first one with 2x the water per gal of soil. Then water like normal with plain water after that till harvest.?

do you use 2x the soil to water every watering for the 2 weeks or just the first one with 2x the water per gal of soil. Then water like normal with plain water after that till harvest.?

Well there is different ways to do it. Southernweed(i believe) flushes his plants then starves them, so he does it about once a week. I flush 2x a week for the last 2-3 weeks.
So say your container is a 3 gallon container, i water with 6 gallons of water at once. Then in 3 days usually the soil drys out by then i do the same again up until harvest..
Hopes this helps zierf :)

can we see some pics of your ladies :cheer::popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom