Foggers from futuregarden

Ruckatruck

I ordered a single head fogger from Futuregarden, and it arrived within a week or so and worked well, so I ordered another one, planning on using both of them to build a fogging system. The second fogger arrived in short order, but didn't work. I e-mailed Futuregarden and they said that I could return it, no problem, and they would send another one out to me. So I spent ten bucks or so (about half of the cost of the unit) to send it back. Weeks went by, and no fogger arrived. I e-mailed them after about a month, but got no reply. A few weeks later, I called them and actually talked to someone. The guy said the units were back-ordered from China and that they would send mine out as soon as they arrived. That was some four months ago, and still no fogger, and no communication. They don't answer their phone or e-mails.

In the mean time, I have experimented with the remaining fogger I had in a cloning set-up, but didn't get good results. In all fairness, I must say that the strain I am growing (Kali Mist) seems to be particularly difficult to clone, so I don't really blame the fogger. However, it did crap out in about 6 weeks. I know that the ceramic disk has to be replaced every so often, but I thought they were supposed to last longer than that.

Fortunately, I didn't lose much money on this deal, and I won't pursue it. But I will not deal with Futuregarden again, and would suggest others don't either.

Ruckatruck,
I purchased 4 foggers from another supplier (Sunflower Supplies), they were very helpful and the units have been running for 4 months with no issues. I have them on a cycle timer to run 10 minutes on 20 off for the grow tubes. Depending on your setup you'll also want a small CPU style fan to push the fog down the tubes. I will start a grow journal on my next grow to show my setup (an igloo cooler as a "fog box" with a small cpu fan pushing for through a PVC pipe to the grow chambers - 5x5 vinyl fence posts). I would suggest a secondary water/nute source as well, if you lose fog for even a few hours you're toast. I have a small res with a pump on another cycle timer that sprays nutes across the bottom of the root zone.

For the cloning, I use 2 foggers in a small rubbermaid tote going 24/7. I have splash shields over the top of them so at not to have a fountain hitting the clones. I have had very good luck with that method. I use a root hormone mix. light nutes and an air stone in the clone box.

The guy at Sunflower also has a 3-head fogger, which I will buy when I need to replace mine.

At a minimum though, run at least two foggers in each setup, in case one goes down you'll have the backup running. After each grow, run the fogger in some distilled water to clean the disc. The units that come from Sunflower come with a replacement disc, which they recommend changing at the 12 month mark (even if they look like they're still good).

Hope this is of use.
Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I built a cloner out of a small tote and a fogger as well, but had bad results. I kept replacing cuttings, and they kept dying. I think I ended up with one rooted clone in about 50 attempts. But, to be fair, the strain I'm growing, Kali Mist, seems rather difficult to clone; I've had a whole string of failures. I finally got good results with plugs called Rapid Rooters, made from organic material of some sort. They're kinda spongey, and allow more air to get to the roots than rockwool plugs. For my small system, 11 spots, I started 50 cuttings. Yesterday, I installed 11 into my PVC fence post system and they look happy, so I am, too. I also have a whole bunch more that are rooted. God, I hate to throw away nicely growing clones. But it's a better problem than no clones.

Perhaps I'll try fogging to augment my system later, but for now I'll rely on my pump and spray heads.

Peace,
Ruckatruck

Back
Top Bottom