Fungus gnat in DWC?

I had never heard of AzaMax before and seeing this discussion, decided to look into it.

It is actually a bio-pesticide, meaning it’s is organically derived from neem seed and lethal to insects but not mammals, much like Mosquito dunks contain BTi which is a bacteria lethal to some insects but harmless to humans.

The active ingredient in AzaMax is Azadirachtin, same compound that is in neem oil, and has an LD50 of 3450g/kg in rats...for those that don’t know what that means: LD50 means lethal dose in 50% of the test population and the ratio means that a rat would have to eat 3.5 times its own body weight to die from it...virtually impossible and therefore deemed non-lethal in mammals.

It is also deemed non-carcinogenic by all standard tests.

Having read the MSDS for the active compound in AzaMax, I would feel just as safe using it as I do using BTi (mosquito dunks). And if you have used need oil, you have already used a different form of the same compound, only the carrier and concentration is different.

For those growing in LOS, I would avoid using it as a soil drench as it could, and likely will, also kill off beneficial nematodes. The same reason I avoid using BTi as a foliar spray outside as it will kill bees as well as targeted pests.

I went to add water to my dwc bubble system and these lil mofos (Fungus Gnats) is what they look like after doing a bit of research. They are in my hempwool I have a 1/4 inch of clay pebbles then the hemp wool then I filled all around and on top so there was no light exposure. How are they getting in if they don't go through the wool? Is there to much moisture from the air bubbles?
Thanks in advance
There is not much information about using dwc bubbler system. It's just about dirt. I am using led high spectrum 600 watt. My grow area is spotless I clean. So I am confused about how they be getting in the water tank. I have a filter on intake and outtake air flow. Can they fly faster the 200 cubic feet a min is what I am running for exhaust with a charcoal filter and a 100cfm booster for air intake with a filter attached I live on the ocean so a lot of dirt and dust comes from the hwy and beach. Any ideas?
Thank u for the info along getting rid of them fuckers. Other then that they all are good. Roots look fine white a lil sis color but I am pretty sure that's the nutrition could be wrong. It's all a learning curve for me as this is all new for me in the dwc system.

Anyway heres my experience with fungus gnats. Since I started growing indoors about 2 years ago in coco coir I have had them continually. I have only kept them under control using the yellow pads, never entirely eradicated, done about 4 harvests and it doesnt seem to have affected the plants.

Back
Top Bottom