G'day

Cybergod

Yes, it an Aussie here.

So what to tell you? Divorced, disabled vet. Almost 50 .

Stuffed back, destroyed knees and some major mental issues.

I use cannabis for medicinal purposes, having started about a year or so ago.

Just started growing. Bought all the gear a few months back (EBay). Yes, it is a basic kit, but it will grow and improve over time.

Sadly, despite constant public demands, Australian politicians still treat us like children. They dangle the legalisation issue like a carrot. Still we wait. So essentially, I am breaking State and Federal laws.

All this to seek relief, without being bombed out on dangerous opioids.

I will try to keep update pics as my first grow happens. Here's hoping I have studied enough. But I expect many here will be happy to help.

420-magazine-mobile1754796758.jpg

420-magazine-mobile151521838.jpg

Gday mate, welcome to the mag. The best place on the Internet for friendly and helpful cannabis advice. Get about the place and say hi to a few peeps.

When you start your grow, consider journaling the progress for best help. 1 tip for now, get that bulb horizontal with a reflector over it. And get it close to the plants.

Best of luck on your journey.

:passitleft:

Gday mate, welcome to the mag. The best place on the Internet for friendly and helpful cannabis advice. Get about the place and say hi to a few peeps.

When you start your grow, consider journaling the progress for best help. 1 tip for now, get that bulb horizontal with a reflector over it. And get it close to the plants.

Best of luck on your journey.

:passitleft:

Hey Mr Am4zin,

Just wondering re your advice on the light. I have 4 seedlings, unknown sex or strain (free seeds from friends etc). I expect on the laws of averages to only have 2 when they are sexed. More is a bonus.

That is the reason for the light hanging that way to spread light between the two. I also have a 45w LED grow light in there, plan to upgrade that soon.

Am on limited funds (veteran pension), so upgrades will take time. I will look at the rotating of the light, just got to work out a way to attach it ..

Cheers

Welcome to the community. I am always available if you have any questions. I may not be able to answer them but i can tell you who can. also look at the bottom of this reply and you can see a link on how to grow cannabis.
Ok, If you mount your light horizontal with a reflector placed on top, you can maximize your lights power into a wedge or box shape in the direction of your plants. Right now you have "power" going all around your tent in a flat topped ball shape wasting energy.

I am also a disabled vet and i understand your on a budget. You can DIY a hood out of reflective sheetmetal in a silver or white color. Remember it is going to get very hot unless your using flour so don't burn your house down.

Cheers

Hey Mr Am4zin,

Just wondering re your advice on the light. I have 4 seedlings, unknown sex or strain (free seeds from friends etc). I expect on the laws of averages to only have 2 when they are sexed. More is a bonus.

That is the reason for the light hanging that way to spread light between the two. I also have a 45w LED grow light in there, plan to upgrade that soon.

Am on limited funds (veteran pension), so upgrades will take time. I will look at the rotating of the light, just got to work out a way to attach it ..

Cheers

Welcome to the community. I am always available if you have any questions. I may not be able to answer them but i can tell you who can. also look at the bottom of this reply and you can see a link on how to grow cannabis.
Ok, If you mount your light horizontal with a reflector placed on top, you can maximize your lights power into a wedge or box shape in the direction of your plants. Right now you have "power" going all around your tent in a flat topped ball shape wasting energy.

I am also a disabled vet and i understand your on a budget. You can DIY a hood out of reflective sheetmetal in a silver or white color. Remember it is going to get very hot unless your using flour so don't burn your house down.

Cheers

Hey Guage Steel,

Cheers for the explanation, I was thinking light would simply be spread around equally in all directions (bar right above of course). I will take your and Mr Am4zin and head down to the local hydro shop and see if he has a hood to suit. Failing that, to the tip shop .

I think one of the local ones had just what I need.

Cheers, will post more pics as the kids grow.

Not sure if it is for temp. or humidity but the watch was a nice choice. Just shows there is room for decoration in the grow room.

Hey Jackalope,

The 'watch' is a thermometer. I am waiting for my thermo/humidity sensor thingy to arrive.

But I may just leave the 'watch' in there for laughs.

Use what you have is the closet growers mantra. I like the fact that you chose to have a thermometer in the room even though it was a slightly unconventional style.

As requested, a grow journal has been started. I will read a few others to see what specifics to include.

Like a Virgin .

Back
Top Bottom