Getting Started

HighToGetBy

Obviously im pretty new to this site but ive been a smoker for quite some time. I recently got a new place and finally have some room to do some growing. The only problem is i have no idea what to do. Can I get some advice on how to get started (mebbe a good book or somethin). Any info would help

Racefan said:
Use the search feature to search out your specific questions. IE...How do I transplant? and read the posts that come up. There isn't a reason to buy a book when all you need to know is already posted here.
Welcome to the site by the way.lol

I disagree.
Imo, the way to be a success is to read a grow book throughly. That gives you an overview of the plant and the growing process. Then ask specific Q's here.
Anything by Ed Rosenthal or Jorge Cervantes is excellent.
Books by the above authors are available free, on-line.

What Ranger said"" Read read read. Very important, knowledge is power. There are various factors to consider. One is where are you thinking of growing? Closet? A whole room maybe?? Another one is budget, How much are you thinking of spending on your grow room?? Those are just a few to think about.

I, of course have my own opinion, which is a mix of the ones stated above. For sure read, Read, READ. But I'm w/Racefan in that I agree there is no reason to buy a book. Several of the better books on the market have been consolidated into posts on this and several other forums. Below are 2 great reads found on the last page of the general cultivation section of this forum. Start there, and then ask your questions via searches. If you're looking for info, and not just quick answers, anyone here will be more than willing to direct you to a post or link w/info you request.

Marijuana Grower's Handbook

Joys Of Growing - Great Guide!

But first and foremost, educate yourself as much as you can BEFORE you start your first grow.

If you have the time and patience... Read everything you can in here! 420 Magazine and the people here are the bomb! Sure, there could be some youngster's in here giving out advice... But, check it out, just like anything else, it just might be the best tip you ever got! :cool:

There's enough experience in here to do whatever you want! Sit back, smoke one and absorb all this hands on knowledge for free! :laugh: Ed Rosenthal and /or Jorge Cervantes' are among the great teachers! I just purchased Jorge Cervantes' Ultimate Grow DVD($19.00) for the hell of it just to get some visual insight... But really, all your questions can be answered right here by some of the best! Just reach out.....:passitleft:

Good luck!

yeah, just go to a book store(Borders)I couldent belive how big of a selection of mj books they had, like i do and just sit there and read if you dont wanna buy them and take your camera ,take pictures of what you need,i do it alll the time...lol GO TO BOOK STORES

HighToGetBy said:
Obviously im pretty new to this site but ive been a smoker for quite some time. I recently got a new place and finally have some room to do some growing. The only problem is i have no idea what to do. Can I get some advice on how to get started (mebbe a good book or somethin). Any info would help

hey, I wish you luck on your grow.

I am having a problem deciding if I want to do dirt or hydro.

Rule #1- Get Good Seeds!! Then- Read The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green. Lots of goods stuff there. Got that book on Amazon.

Start seedlings with CFL's or even finish with CFL's if you have no choice.
CFL's are Compact Flouros- the curly things- they do well actually.

Get an HPS of 400 watts at least. This is the monster. I am starting out with 4 Indica plants, who knows what the gender ratio will be??????

Back
Top Bottom