Going to Nepal, Landrace Selection

whitekush

Hi guys this is my first post on 420 Mag, been a lurker for a while, and i figure since theres the international forum this'd be a good reason to post up.

Me and my friend want to go to Nepal for maybe 11 days or so.
i've read the other posts and i realize its super easy to get some hash from Kathmandu (where i will be landing), is it the Temple Ball Hash? (i'm coming here for that but really,)
Thats great and all, but i'm here for one thing and one thing only.

Hike into wherever i got to, to find some great landrace, hopefully the stuff "they" use to make "Nepalese Temple Ball Hash".

so i'm asking you guys at 420mag to help me out.
where should i go specifically in nepal to look for my beauty.
I've read that Pokhara is the place to go for the really quality stuff.

I honestly want the legit temple hash, and the stuff they use.
so any information on the subject would be amazing.

thanks guys.

Re: Going to Nepal, Landrace Selection.

Hello and welcome to 420Magazine.com!

If you're landing in Kathmandu, know that it's one of the most polluted cities in Asia (in 2006 it was rated THE most polluted).

From some random travel blog I stumbled across (think it was dated June 4th of this year):
Linda Solomon said:
Eli flopped down on the bed and buried his face in the pillow. "My throat hurts," he said.
"It's the air," I said.
A muffled groan came from the pillow.
Kathmandu in the dark on the way to the hotel from the airport had been hard to evaluate, beyond the obvious: people were poor. Millions. And the air stank and didn't go down easily into the lungs. It was as bad or worse than the air I breathed in New York City right after 9/11. I had fled from post-World Trade Centre attack air, because I couldn't inhale it, and I believed it would do serious damage to my children's health. And people here were much breathing worse, like it was normal. They were stuck in it.
I had certainly HEARD about the pollution in big cities in the developing world. I'd experienced it in the nineties. But between the nineties and now, pollution had taken quantum leaps.

There was also mention of 25,000 stray dogs in the city.

Apparently, there is still some degree of political unrest but nothing too scary. Occasionally a foreign tourist disappears - but likely far less often than the same thing happens in NYC.

Good luck on your quest, have the journey of a lifetime... But be careful and be safe.

Take lots of pictures, return, and post about your experience if you don't mind.

Hello and welcome to 420Magazine.com!

If you're landing in Kathmandu, know that it's one of the most polluted cities in Asia (in 2006 it was rated THE most polluted).

From some random travel blog I stumbled across (think it was dated June 4th of this year):

There was also mention of 25,000 stray dogs in the city.

Apparently, there is still some degree of political unrest but nothing too scary. Occasionally a foreign tourist disappears - but likely far less often than the same thing happens in NYC.

Good luck on your quest, have the journey of a lifetime... But be careful and be safe.

Take lots of pictures, return, and post about your experience if you don't mind.

i totally will do all of the above!
Kathmandu is a place thats super easy to score the temple balls i see.
Does anyone know where i should be going to look for my landrace?
Pokhara? Outside Kathmandu?
One of the biggest buddhist temples are in Kathmandu, so i figure thats where temple balls are made?

anyways,
thanks for the reply.

Sounds like a plan that dreams are made of, much respect/envy to you on your journey and please please please bring pictures back i love landrace strains and would kill for an oppertuneity like this :D

So i'm still trying to figure out where exactly i should be going.
i'm making some progress though,
Land in kathmandu, get hash in kathmandu, check out the outskirts of kathmandu for landrace,
then i'm thinking head up to Pokhara i believe the himalaya's are in that region, so maybe we can hike there for landrace.
but i also just stumbled across Baglung, so i'll have to really try to dig and find out where we should be going.

i'm hoping to find some awesome indica landrace, preferably some purple stuff :p just anything to make awesome charas on the regular.

Hey WhiteKush,

Here are a few tips:

If you are staying in Thamel - very very easy to get Hash. Temple balls do not really exist per se - but you will get hand rolled black hash.

Just advertise that you are interested (wear MJ related gear) or go and buy a piece in one of the smoke shops.... and you will hear guys walk by and whisper hash etc. They will take you somewhere or you can just ask them to bring it to you.

Do not pay more than 2500 a tola.

However, I found that pollen (yellow hash) is better than the black stuff.

Pokhara has good hash too. And you would be better suited to trek out of Pokhara to the fields.

i think i found mud in my pollen i bought from jamal,near thamel:( but i smoked it:))u should be able to score some hash(called black in nepali) or mj anywhere in nepal-thamel,pokhara,lamjung,gorkha,manang,rasuwa,ramechhap,highway restaurants or any other rural places.but mostly the mj u can find are not harvest or dried or not cured properly with tons of seeds haha.u score some best-potent buds if u r lucky:) Try the place call dhading.i have smoke some good shit from that place,it near ktm.and try the terai area,india-nepal border.indian gangs are sponsoring the villager there to grow good potent mj which will be smuggled.i guess nepal's most potent hash can be found in the himalayas area like langtang,manang,solu etc.mostly all hash from there are hand-rub.
peace.fight war not war.

Back
Top Bottom